main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Cant unlock phone from Vodafone

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi I've had an unlock code given to me by Vodafone for my Samsung S7 but I can't get it to work. I have also obtained a puk code from my new sim provider but this doesn't work either. Just keeps saying "network unlock request unsuccessful" or "enter simply puk code".

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @tech_e89

Some Samsung Phones need a master Code as well as the Nuc. 

I assume your other UK Networks SIM card is active. 

i.e Working so it connects to it's network to make calls and mobile data etc ?

The Puk Code request is a red herring I believe as that's only needed if a person activates the SIM pin and then accidently inputs it over 3 times. 

There is a thread Here that discusses Master Codes and also I believe Samsung themselves maybe able to help with Master Codes but can't help with the actual unlocking. 

Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help by escalating this to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address too for support. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View solution in original position

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
17: Community Champion

Hi @tech_e89

Some Samsung Phones need a master Code as well as the Nuc. 

I assume your other UK Networks SIM card is active. 

i.e Working so it connects to it's network to make calls and mobile data etc ?

The Puk Code request is a red herring I believe as that's only needed if a person activates the SIM pin and then accidently inputs it over 3 times. 

There is a thread Here that discusses Master Codes and also I believe Samsung themselves maybe able to help with Master Codes but can't help with the actual unlocking. 

Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help by escalating this to the Nuc Unlocking Department and can also give you their direct email address too for support. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View solution in original position

View more options

Bandofbrothers thanks have been in touch with Vodafone and they have escalated it to they're unlocking department just waiting for a reply 😌

View more options
Highlighted

I'm glad to hear we're gettring this sorted for you @tech_e89 πŸ˜Š If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to let us know.

View more options

I've fill a form in online and sent it off still awaiting a reply.

View more options

@tech_e89 Thanks for getting in touch with us via the details in the private message. Please let us know the reference number you will have received via an automated email response  - it looks something like this [#12345678]. Once we have this, we'll be able to check we have your email and chase this up for you πŸ˜Š

View more options

Hi. It's #19588722.

Thanks.

View more options

Apologies for our delay in repying to you here @tech_e89, I can see we've replied to your latest email regarding your NUC and will be in touch again as soon as we have an update. In the meantime, if there's anything else we can help with, let us know. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I have had this same problem with Samsung S6. The contract expired over a year ago and I chose not to renew. When I was ready to use a sim card from another network, I was sent 3 NUC which did not work and also the PUK from the new provider. I was told no further NUC would be provided as they suspected fraud and I offered to take ID into my local vodafone store to get them to open it and they never responded. I really need to open this phone as it will be used by a local charity.

View more options

@CSCATSG It's strange our NUC team would advise this to you following the unsuccessful attempts to unlock with the 3 codes, we're  eager to find out more on this. Please follow the instructions I've sent you via Private Message to get in touch, we'll do all we can to get your phone unlocked.

View more options