cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disabled Find my phone but still cannot operate the old phone without a password

Jimones
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed email providers from Tiscali to Gmail but I cannot change my Apple password because they want to send the verification to my old email address which no longer exists!  have another Apple email and password but this won't work on this old phone. I am trying to unlock my previous Iphone 5 and have received the unlocking email from Vodafone and I have followed the instruction to disable "Find my Phone" but it is still requiring a password which I no longer know. Please can someone help as I have passed this old phone on to my son to use.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jimones 

An Apple ID Password has nothing to do with unlocking an iPhone to all networks.

The ID is normally needed if a person want to erase all contents so a new owner can set it up with their own Apple ID.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request which I see you've received.

However....

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your help. That all makes sense.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This doesn't sound like anything to do with a NUC.

Your issue is with apple. You need to contact their support. Sounds like it's locked to an Apple ID that you don't know the password for. 

I will contact Apple for help. Thank you for replying to me.