main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

How do I know if NUC code has been requested

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi there. I have requested an NUC code but have not had any confirmation email to say this has been received. I did this a few days ago on a number which is no longer active. A couple of questions to answer. 

One will the line being inactive make any difference?

Two when should I expect the phone to be unlocked. This is an iPhone 7, I have tried another sim in the phone but still get the error saying locked by network provider. I have now handed this phone to a family member but they are unable to use it on there network at the moment. 

my concerns is, I am seeing a lot of people saying they have requested NUC codes and they have either not been processed by the NUC team or they are waiting more than the intended duration. 

Thanks

View more options
14 REPLIES 14

Can I also add to this thread. I have been in contact with Apple and they have confirmed that the IMEI number I have provided is correct, they have not received any request to unlock the phone and in any case, it is it the network provider who has the tools to complete the unlock process....... delaying tactic by Vodafone maybe? 

View more options
17: Community Champion

The fact that the Vodafone number is now inactive wouldn't make any difference. 

Assuming you fulfil the criteria set out on the unlocking page Vodafone will reply to confirm they've accepted the request so please also check any spam email.

unlocking-your-phone.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to another 30 days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Another option is to use a Vodafone UK Payg sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc and then request the iPhones unlock using the new Payg info. 

Apple wouldn't be able to help directly with a network locked iPhone. 

Vodafone would have no benefit in delaying an unlock request and would only refuse if the criteria wasn't met @Steven4085

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for the scripted response which I have already seen on a number of threads after submitting mine. (With the exception of your final comment about not benefiting Vodafone) this in part I could disagree with because you make a comment in the scripted response saying to potentially get a Vodafone payg sim (which I am sure some customers unwilling do just to resolve this type of issue) Which surely adds to the benefit of Vodafone delaying the unlocking process and Vodafone gaining profit off a 30 day payg just for a person to get there phone unlocked. (My family member would not be willing to do this based on the fact they already have a contract with someone else because they left Vodafone due to a number of issues. Not to mention. 

The only thing I have had from Vodafone is

Hello 

To complete your application for a Network Unlock Code (NUC), please check your details are correct below and then click the red button to verify your email address.

Would this be the message you are referring to?? 

If so then yes all the details submitted were correct along with the many other customers who said ‘yes my details were correct’

or should I have received a different email? Yes I have checked spam, junk and any other folder you can think of.

View more options

I know I am being really picky on my post but with the issues I have had in the past week this is just one to top off so am getting a little annoyed with everything. 

From a data breach on my account - falsely disconnected - incorrect billing and now NUC issues. I could write a book from the last 2 months. 

View more options

The response I made is my own and isn't scripted.

The same question is asked over and over again so the reply is basically the same.

It's called copy and pasting and saves my fingers tapping out the reply.

I give the option of the Vodafone Payg sim card route as a viable option. Taking that option or not is entirely at the persons choice. 

I appreciate you've not had the best time but please accept I'm a customer like you replying in my personal private time @Steven4085

So That said I wish you all the best with this situation and I'll leave you to it.

Take care.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@bandofbrothers lol ohhhhh I thought It was manned and administrator response. no worries. Scripted is fine then 😁. I need the luck. 

And rant over. 

I will just see what happens. I am not going to hold my breath for a resolutionn though. No offence. 

Thanks anyway

View more options

@Steven4085

All posts created on the Vodafone Community Forum are read by the official Vodafone Social Media Teams here and engage with people when necessary. 

I'm a Community Champion but not a Vodafone employee. So just a customer like you.

From what you write I totally understand your unimpressed and frustrated at the events you've encountered and as such are very much entitled to have a rant "

No offence taken I assure you I just understand when to take a step back and let the Team here become involved once they've caught up with the thread. 

All the best and gave a good evening.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@Steven4085 - I appreciate that you're looking to get this sorted as soon as possible. It normally takes up to 10 working days for you to receive a Network Unlock Code.

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I applied for a nuc code last week. The text said 2 working days and up to 10 if Vodafone needed to contact the manufacturer- it’s an iPhone 5s; why need to contact the manufacturer. 

Having paid off my phone long ago i am now unable to use it. From investigation I understand I now need to buy  a new sim card and be forced to continue and pay with vodaphone for another month. This means paying twice (this network and my new one), NOT a suitable or fair fix for this. 

View more options

Hey @MrJovianus, if we can't locate a valid code, or the unlock doen't work, then we need to contact the manufacturer. It's quite rare though, normally a phone's unlocked within 48 hours.

We can only unlock phones that have been used with us. If we can't see that it's been used on our network then there is the option of ordering a free Pay as you go SIM case and use it for 30 days.

Have you received an e-mail from our NUC team about this?

Blair

View more options

The phone was supplied by Vodafone and used on your network for several years. It has been dormant since upgrade. 

No emails. So chasing here. 

Be grateful if you can look into it for me as I am still a customer

View more options

@MrJovianus I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any emails from our dedicated Network Unlocking team, regarding your NUC request. As you've mentioned you've already used the phone on our network for 30 days previously, I understand why this would be frustrating for you. So we're able to take a closer look into this for an update, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Hi Liz - I responded to your private message on Monday (maybe Tuesday). I have not heard anything; not even an acknowledgement. This is getting silly now - two weeks since I requested the code and nothing from Vodaphone. 

View more options

Hi @MrJovianus, we're very busy on the community and we're working as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience and we'll be in touch as soon as possible to discuss it further.

View more options