cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Ascend P1 Jelly Bean/Emotion Update.

Pompey0368
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Do you have any plans to release the jelly bean/Emotion UI for the ascend P1, I can download it from Huawei, but I cannot install it because my phone is locked to vodafone...

16 REPLIES 16

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pompey0368,

We don't currently release details around firmware testing until we roll out releases. There are lots of factors involved and we don't like to let folk down if a release date slips or gets cancelled all together due to it failing tests.

You can read more about this process here: Firmware Testing Blog. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Could you at least confirm that it is being tested, even if you cannot give a date?

Agree with the previous post, the answer given is a somewhat vague, is this being tested or not??

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As Ben said above, we don’t release any details regarding firmware testing until we roll out releases.

You can find more information in our firmware statement here.

Thanks,

Jenny 

rather than just posting a non answer message, could you you at least confirm that it is being tested, even if you cannot give a date?

Hi Pompey0368,

Unfortunately this isn’t something that we have access to see.

James

Thanks James. Is there a way that I can unlock the phone to install the update myself? I have an unlocking code, but that is for SIM, and needs an invalid SIM to use it, but I cannot find an invlaid SIM, everyone that I have tried: Orange, T-Mobile, Giff-Gaff, Tesco, Virgin and O2 were all accepted, so it appears to be SIM unloacked, but won't let me do a manual update of the firmware?!

Hi Pompey0368,

This means that the phone is already unlocked and we don’t have the instructions on how to flash the firmware on your phone.

If you do manage to do this please remember that this can invalidate your warranty.

James

Maybe if Vodafone were a little more customer orientated, people wouldn't need to find alternative sources for updates. Just a thought!