Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei G510 bluetooth issue

barnsider
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Huawei G510 which will not send picture or video files to my Lenovo laptop yet I can send files from my laptop to the phone. When I look at the phone device profile on my laptop it does not show that I can receive files from the phone. Is this likely to be bluetooth setup on the phone or the laptop? For info I'm running Windows 7 on the laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's probably at the phone end.   I've juggled with Bluetooth software in the past and it's like trying to wrestle an octopus into a string bag.  If there's no update for the phone, I think I'd try it for the pc as well, just in case.

There are other ways to transfer files, of course, if all the fails.  If the phone has wifi direct, that might do it, or you could simply restort to the rather clunky option of emailing things to yourself.  There are also file managers on Play (I use the one from Rhythm Software) that can access a shared network drive over wifi.   Actually, that's probably the best solution, rather than Bluetooth, as long as you have a wifi connection on both devices.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

hrym

It's probably at the phone end.   I've juggled with Bluetooth software in the past and it's like trying to wrestle an octopus into a string bag.  If there's no update for the phone, I think I'd try it for the pc as well, just in case.

There are other ways to transfer files, of course, if all the fails.  If the phone has wifi direct, that might do it, or you could simply restort to the rather clunky option of emailing things to yourself.  There are also file managers on Play (I use the one from Rhythm Software) that can access a shared network drive over wifi.   Actually, that's probably the best solution, rather than Bluetooth, as long as you have a wifi connection on both devices.