Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei ascend g510 keeps losing internet

Fishtank1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

There were no problems for the first month after buying the phone but when I added another £10 Freebee, I lost the internet though it worked with WiFi. I contacted Vodafone who told me to text WEB to 40127. Within an hour it was working again but the following day I had no internet. I have had to text WEB every day and it takes 1-2 hours before it works. Vodafone say it isn't holding onto to the information sent and must be a problem with the phone. Can anyone suggest a cure.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

That's an odd one.   If you go into Settings and Mobile Networks, there should be an entry for Access Point Names.  It would be worth deleting everything that's there (if you can) and starting again.   Make sure the new settings are marked as default (long press and select, I think, though I'm not totally familiar with the Huawei menu structure).

If the settings are there, the phone should be using them and I can't see why it wouldn't unless there's a memory issue.  If this fails, a factory reset may be the next option.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

That's an odd one.   If you go into Settings and Mobile Networks, there should be an entry for Access Point Names.  It would be worth deleting everything that's there (if you can) and starting again.   Make sure the new settings are marked as default (long press and select, I think, though I'm not totally familiar with the Huawei menu structure).

If the settings are there, the phone should be using them and I can't see why it wouldn't unless there's a memory issue.  If this fails, a factory reset may be the next option.

I had no luck from deleting the Access Point Names but after a factory reset it has now been working for the past 24 hrs. Hopefully, that's permanent.

Thanks for everyones suggestions

thesoupdragon

You could be on the edge of Cell (Mast) coverage. This would give you the connection issue's and might explain why the Phone struggle's to keep hold of the Data connection.

Have a look at  Network Issues – initial checks and template

hrym

Good point, tsd.

To the OP: If the indicator flick between H and G or E, that's the problem.  It's flipping between 2G and 3G and that gives it brain-ache.