Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huwawei HG556a with Huawei E173 datacard

aroshlakshan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm using Huawei HG556a with a Huawei E173 USB HSPA Modem. I have been using it fine but recenly after I reset the router, it desn't seem to connect to the internet using USB Modem automatically. Everytime I shut down the PC, it disconnects and I need to reconnect it either by turning on the computer or using my phone after going in to routers page. This never happend before. It used connect to the internet automatically and stay that way until I tun off the router. Any ideas about what's going on?

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi aroshlakshan,

Thanks for posting. 

The first thing I'd check is software updates for your modem. You can get the latest version here.

If this doesn't help can you try uninstalling the modem software from your computer and installing it fresh.

Let me know the outcome. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Thank you for the response. I plug in the modem in to my router. I'm not using it by plugging in to the computer.

Hi aroslakshan, 

Can you let us know if you have the latest software installed? If not then please give this a go and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Router and the data card is updated to the latest firmware. 

Hi aroshlakshan,

To be honest we’re very restricted as to what support we can give, as it’s not a Vodafone UK product.

Where did you get the modem from?

When you log into the admin panel, is there a default connection option?

James