Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect NUC

IoneIbb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm trying to unlock my Samsung S10 and got my IMEI code and NUC from my local Vodafone store.

I've followed the instructions to try and unlock my phone to use my new SIM and it says the NUC is incorrect. I've now tried it too many times and it's says it's locked. 

I've definitely been using the correct code as I also requested it and it's the same as what the store gave me. 

Please can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @IoneIbb 

To get the correct code you would have needed to complete this form: Unlock code request you may have also needed the MSK Master Code to be entered to bring up the unlock menu before using the code.

Unfortunately, if you have used an incorrect code and hard locked the phone to the network, the counter will need to be reset.  If the phone came direct from Vodafone a Vodafone store may be able to send the phone to the repair centre.  Also, speak to Samsung Support they may be able to advise and point you in the right direction here: Samsung Support 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @IoneIbb 

With some Samsung phones they need both a Nuc and MCK Mastercode to unlock it to all Network's. 

It is unusual for a Vodafone Store to supply a Nuc so I'm wondering if this is something their trialing ?

Recent phone's supplied by Vodafone should be unlocked out of the box as instructed by Ofcom.

Have you tried an alternative network sim card that is activated to see if it accepts it  ?

When a phone becomes Hard Locked after too many incorrect unlock attempts then Vodafone need to send it off to have it's counter reset before another NUC and if relevant MCK used.

Alternatively a reputable online unlocking site or Highstreet Shop that advertises they unlock phone's can unlock it for you but they would charge a fee.

Samsung UK Support would instruct you to contact your network provider support over a branded phone i.e phone supplied by a network. They can't help with network Locked Phone's I'm afraid.

However you wish to proceed I wish you all the best.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.