Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Invalid SIM

Almapajo3
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. My mum has not used her Vodafone Pay As You Go got a few years and I have just topped up ok  (£5) but phone says “Invalid SIM”.  Last item in call log is June 2019. It is a Binatone mobile with large keys as she is elderly. Thanks in advance for any advice.

6 REPLIES 6

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

If she hasn't used the phone in the last 180 days the number will have been disconnected.

You say she last used it in 2019? 

Order her a free pay go sim card from here: https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/check-out-payasyougo-campaign?icmp=freesim-banner_get-free-sim

Pop it in the phone and top it up. Be aware that she will have a new number and no, she won't be able to get the old one back. 😞

Thanks Welsh Paul. Will make sure we make at least minimum use in future.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

How did you top up @Almapajo3 

It shouldn't have accepted if the sim and account have been deactivated.

As suggested by @WelshPaul a payg account is suspended then deactivated after 180 days of not making an activity on the account.

i.e call, text or topping up.

You can pick up a sim from any convenience store or petrol station for around 99pence or order one for free on Vodafone's Online Page.

Vodafone Voxi is another option.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks BandOfBrothers. I topped via Vodafone Services. A lesson learned. I will get a new SIM for her and make at least minimum use.

WelshPaul

The number has very likely been reused and someone else is now using it (has been two years). That's why the top up likely went through - Basically you just topped up someones phone. 😳

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Almapajo3 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.