main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Ive been waiting 2 months for unlock, WHY ?

2: Seeker

why am i still waiting for unlock on my samsung 7 after upgrade ?

Tried twice now to get it unlocked and 2 months nothing!

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
17: Community Champion

From filling out the unlocking online form is Vodafone responding at all ?

Can I ask that you meet all the criteria for unlocking ?

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and clarify the position. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

after the email when first did form nothing,

and meet all criteria yes,

ill try live chat next

View more options

sorted it with live chat.

thanks

View more options
17: Community Champion

I'm glad to hear that Live Chat resolved this for you @waksat

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Got my new samsung S9 and requested a nuc code for my old Samsung s7. First requested code on 10/11/2018 and was told that it takes two days but up to 10 days if you need to contact samsung. 20 days and numerous emails later, again given the standard response i.e thank you for your request it can take up to 10days!   Live chat suggested contacting nuc resolutions team -  resolution team contacted and still the same response!

All criteria have been met; phone was on contract for 2 years.

Please can someone help with issue?

View more options
4: Newbie

You are doing well I have been waiting since June and they sent me numbers followed by other numbers after a while I went through all of them to find it's the same two sets of numbers for the S7 they even told me to contact Samsung I did they said why Vodafone put the lock on all phones from Samsung are sent out unlocked.

View more options

@kathjo391 & @F1fanLH44 We're more than happy to help get your queries escalated to our NUC team as it seems to have been going on for a while. We're really sorry about this. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

View more options

Hooray, recieved my NUC at last. Thank you. A funny story:  When requesting a PAC on the website I noticed the info about requesting a NUC  and duly did so.  I was pretty annoyed that it was taking so long: pac given immediately but no sign of the NUC.  Anyway, after getting the code  I followed the instructions -switch off phone, insert new sim and enter code. What a fool! I didn't need the code;  as soon as I put in the new sim it was recognised and working. The phone  was already unlocked!!  Maybe that was why Vodaphone had so much trouble getting the code?

Anyway, a happy ending and a lesson learned; check the simple things first and don't make assumptions.

Thanks again.

View more options