Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G5 Network Unlocking - Your Phone Is Not Personalized message

wrightg30
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an LG G5 that I am trying to apply a NUC too.

I have previously recieved my NUC following normal process.

On trying to enter the NUC and following the online guide, when I get to the point where I should select Network provider, I get the message "This Phone Is not Personalised" and no other option to input the NUC.

On installing the alternate sim, I get no prompt to enter any NUC code.

The phone does not apper to recoginise the new sim.

The sim is working and has been tested on other handsets.

Customer services over the phone told me to go to my local store as they would sort it?

My local stores told me this was not the case.

2 days ago they sent an email to NUC Resolutions team and I havent had any reply as yet.

Anyone had similar issues with unlocking LGG5.

Is there a fix to this?

10 REPLIES 10

Jonesjohn007
1: Seeker

We're having the exact same problem with the same phone. No one seems to be able to help. Did you have any luck and get it sorted? If so what worked? 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jonesjohn007 We'd be happy to help with any issues you're currently having with unlocking your phone - so we can do this, please follow the details I've provided in the private message that I'll send to you shortly. A member of our team will then be in touch once we receive your details.

Hi. 

I too have this same problem with an LG G5 trying to go through the unlock procedure you have sent.

When I select "Service Provider Lock" from the menu I get the message "Your Phone is not personalised" with an option to "Dismiss" - I don't get as far as being able to enter the NUC you have sent me.

I assumed this meant the phone was not locked, I inserted the new SIM (Plusnet) but it still flashes up all the Vodafone details on start up and the new SIM does not work.  I have confirmed that the new SIM is activated so there should be no problem.

Please advise, much appreciated.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@giblaird25 Thanks for letting us know. So we're able to check the status of your unlock, please get in touch using the link in my private message

Hi  

I'm also having the same problem with unlocking the LGG5 as when I select "Service Provider Lock" the only message I receive is "Your phone is not personalised" , and only button on the screen is "dismiss".

However, the network remains locked to other sim cards. The only sub-menu that would allow me to enter a code in the general unlock menu is "Network Lock" , but the NUC won't work there.

Could you please look into this? Thanks!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fil90 I believe I've responded to your query on another thread. Please divert any further questions to the thread in question, so were able to assist with your query efficiently. 

Hi

I get the same exact problem. I've received the unlock code but I get a 'phone is not personalised' when I select Service Provider Lock, the only option being 'dismiss'.

How do I unlock this phone?

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @peterwhitehead2 

This is taken from the Use your unlock code form 

1. Turn on the phone
  2. From the home screen press the Call button (or enter the dialing menu) and then enter the following text: 2945#*850# (an unlock menu will automatically appear)
  3. Select Service Provider Lock
  4. Enter your NUC and press Ok (the phone will be reset automatically)
  5. Switch off the phone insert the SIM card for your new network 

The 850 would represent the phone model number and it would be worth removing the SIM card and checking the model number is correct.

If this does not work please return to the forum.

Hi

Yes that's exactly what I've done but when I go into service provider lock, there is no option to enter a code. It just says 'your phone is not personalised'. However when I insert a non vodafone sim in it (which I know works as it's working fine in another phone), the phone complains that it's network locked.