main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

LG G5se

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

After talking with an advisors via live chat this evening, I have been unable to resolve my unlocking issues with my old handset (I have just renewed my contract with Vodafone and have a new handset) I factory reset my old handset, as I intend giving it to my son, but realised after inserting his sim (virgin) that the handset was tied to the network (lock screen says network locked) I contacted Vodafone for a NUC which I received & I followed the link to the instructions for entering the unlock code. As advised in the instructions I entered 2945#*850#  on the keypad, but rather than asking for the NUC the handset brings up a message saying 'USSD Code running' & then states 'Command unknown'. I've tried various numbers from forums online, with the same result. I have also tried turning off the phone, inserting the new sim and turning the phone back on, but still nothing. The lock screen says network locked and the phone has no signal. I'm hopeful that may have come across this before and can help?? The handset is an LG G5SE

Thank's in advance,

Iain.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @imgrieve 

The code you have been given represents the phone model number. I suspect your problem may be to do with the model number.

There are 2 versions of the phone you are trying to unlock the LG G5 and G5 SE.  It would be worth checking the model number, this can be done by going into your settings > about phone > phone identity, this will then bring up the phone identity and will include the model number.

Your code will then be 2945#*???#

The information on the LG G5 models can be found from GSM arena here: LG G 5 LG G5 SE

Also further information for you here: How to use your Network Unlock Code

If you continue to have problems, please come back to the forum and the Team will reply with the information you need on how to get in contact for direct help and support.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @imgrieve 

The code you have been given represents the phone model number. I suspect your problem may be to do with the model number.

There are 2 versions of the phone you are trying to unlock the LG G5 and G5 SE.  It would be worth checking the model number, this can be done by going into your settings > about phone > phone identity, this will then bring up the phone identity and will include the model number.

Your code will then be 2945#*???#

The information on the LG G5 models can be found from GSM arena here: LG G 5 LG G5 SE

Also further information for you here: How to use your Network Unlock Code

If you continue to have problems, please come back to the forum and the Team will reply with the information you need on how to get in contact for direct help and support.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thank You,

That's solved it. It was a G5se 840 not an 850. Really appreciate you replying to this, it's been a great help. typed in the correct code and then the NUC and it's sorted. Thank's again.

Iain.

View more options