main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

NETWORK PUK SAMSUNG J4+

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, I bought a Samsung J4+ with at Vodadone while visiting UK, and am trying to use it with my portuguese SIM card in Portugal but it's network locked. I incorrectly input the Network PIN 3 times so it is PIN locked. It's now requesting the Network PUK. I have received the PIN/NCK/NUC. This does not work as a PUK. Can you please urgently provide the PUK/MCK/DEFREEZE as I will be abroad soon and need my Vodafone UK mobile to work with my portuguese SIM card?

Please note I have emailed NUC Resolutions and chatted to support several times across days with no success.

Thank you

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought a Samsung J4+ at Vodafone while visiting UK, and am trying to use it with my portuguese SIM card in Portugal but it's network locked.

I incorrectly input the Network PIN 3 times so it is PIN locked. It's now requesting the Network PUK.

I have received the PIN/NCK/NUC. This does not work as a PUK.

Can you please urgently provide the PUK/MCK/DEFREEZE as I will be abroad soon and need my Vodafone UK mobile to work with my portuguese SIM card?
View more options
17: Community Champion

I think the problem your going to face is that Vodafone UK cannot guarantee that a Nuc will work if the phone isn't in the UK on a UK network when trying to unlock the phone @mmhc 

The usual advice is to unlock it while the phone is physically in the UK or send it to someone you know in the UK and they use a Vodafone payg sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc and then they request its unlock. Then unlock it and then send it back to you.

Or try a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones or sell the phone and use the funds to buy one that will already accept your sim card. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options