Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Code not asked for when trying to unlock phone

RajL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I ported my number from Vodafone to Sky but when I put my Sky Sim in my Samsung S8 phone, it asks for a PUK code, not a NUC code.  Sky have provided their PUC code but it does not work - they say because the handset I purchased from Vodafone is locked. 

I requested and received the NUC code from Vodafone, but when I put the Sky Sim in, it does not ask me to enter the NUC code. It still asks me to enter the PUK code. I attach a screenshot of the message.

I have tried entering another Sim into my phone (Virgin Sim) and get same message.  I tried my Sky Sim in another phone and it works.

So the only conclusion is that the handset is locked - but it does ask me to enter the NUC when I put in the Sky Sim.  I tried re-requesting another NUC and the same code was given.

Having looked at online for a solution, I read I need a Mastercode (MCK). 

I have also emailed the above nucresolutions.co.uk team and received an auto response saying that they do not provide the NUC code.  I have no idea if someone has picked up my email.

Can you please advise how to unlock my phone.

Thanks

Raj20200925_113518.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries they can get you the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

I assume the alternative network sim card your using is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks

The other network Sim is activated and works. I tried it on another phone.

I will try contacting the Social Media Team on Facebook

Hi

I posted on Facebook Messenger on Saturday 26th and not had any acknowledgement or reply.  It seems my message has not been read yet.

Hi 

You will need an MCK as i had this message on a few  phones a while ago.  Be prepared to wait a long time and disregard the 10 working days Vodaphone claim it takes.  I have it in writing after escalating a complaint to the directors office that an MCK code may take 40+ working days.    A lot of the phones i have unlocked successfully are with the NUC code but the majority are with an MCK.  Some MCK's i have received in days and other times 40+ working days.   This is perhaps why again this year Vodafone are viewed to have the worst  customer service record in the UK.