Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Code

yadav329
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I brought the Apple Iphone Xs Max from 3rd party and it is locked to Vodafone.

I am already vodafone sim only plan customer and initially when i contacted Vodafone they said that, Vodafoone sim has to use for 30 days in the mobile. I did it and requested unlock code through NUC form on 31st day and got email from Vodafone no completed 30days . On 32nd day contacted 191 and customer care executive said i will raise NUC request on behalf of me and you will get defenetely NUC code, But again i gor same email saying that not compleyted 30 days. This is rediclues from Vodafone. They are not giving unlock code for my fone even though it pass all condition.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

I understand you still need to get to this stage @yadav329 

As long as you e used the the sim in the phone for 30 days to should be good to go.

Although with a contract it does say x3 Bill's paid on time which us why I advuse to use a Vodafone payg sim card in the phone making calls etc for 30 days and then use the new Payg details to request its unlock.

Push the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks a lot for your response.

But here Vodafone it self sent email not completed 30 days usage(even though i completed 30 days).

Not yet sent to Apple for unlock

BandOfBrothers

Yes the stipulation when using a pay monthly contract account is 30 days usage and x3 Bill's paid on time and no overdue balance as stipulated on the unlocking form.

I appreciate your saying you've used the som card for 30 days.

Please do contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams and they'll further clarify the status with your unlocking request. 

Current Phone  >

Yes I paid all bills ontime and more than 6 months now till now no outstnding balance and no late payments.

Thanks for your response. 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @yadav329 

Current Phone  >