Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Code

GK0629
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Currently away from UK. Whilst trying to use a local sim card, it asked me a PUK code, tried a PUK provided by my local network provider but didnt work. I was informed that the phone is still locked with vodafone provider so was suggested to ring the customer care.

Received a NUC code from them and tried but still didnt work. Further i was suggested to submit a online form requesting a NUC code. But received a same NUC code after submitting the online form. This has been no help.

Can i get some help on this matter, please?

GK

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A Nuc will only work if the phone is in the UK and an alternative UK Network Sim card is being used @GK0629 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So does this mean i will not be able to use my handset in here?

Any other ways

BandOfBrothers

@GK0629 wrote:

So does this mean i will not be able to use my handset in here?

Any other ways

Vodafone say they can't guarantee the Nuc will work outside of the UK.

Another networks sim card wont work in a phone supplied by Vodafone UK.

You could try a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones or an online unlocking site but they would charge you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

HI @GK0629 

Although there is no guarantee a phone cannot be unlocked whilst out of the UK, the unlock is prompted to enter when the alternative network SIM is placed in the phone and there is no proved reason for being unable to unlock the phone when out of the UK.

If you are trying to unlock a Samsung phone and are receiving the message ' SIM blocked, enter PUK code' before entering the NUC try this code: #7465625*638*#, this may prompt you to enter the unlock code  provided by Vodafone.  I don't promise this will work but worth a try when you need to use an overseas SIM in the phone.

@GK0629 

I presume the SIM card you picked up from your overseas provider is activated and has been used to connect to the network.  

It may not make any difference but what country are you visiting?

It didnt work. 

I get a message " sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK" 

Used PUK code for local sims and also NUC code tht was provided by vodafone but didnt work, it says " network unlock request unsuccessful".

Any other options???

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

As @BandOfBrothers has advised above, we'd be unable to guarantee that a network unlock code will work when outside of the UK. If you're returning to the UK in the future, the NUC you've received from us should work.

AnnS

Hi @Tash 

There is no reason for the NUC not working abroad, other networks don't have a problem with the code not workng abroad.   There is also no guarantee that the NUC will work in the UK and we have the problem of the Samsung master code, something Vodafone are making as difficult as possible for the customer to obtain, this information should be included on the unlocking page of the website. Vodafone are the only network that makes unlocking a phone as complicated as possible.

When unlocking a phone, the NUC has already been provided by the network, the code is then used to unlock the relevant part of the phone software, it’s the phone software that controls the lock status using data, not the network.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @AnnS  - I've spoken with our Unlocking team for some clarification on this. They've advised we wouldn't be able to guarantee an NUC will work abroad, as in some cases it'd involve inserting a SIM from outside of the UK. As it's not something that they can test, it's not something we can guarantee.

I'm also continuing to speak with the dedicated team regarding Samsung NUC's and hopefully simplfying the process - I'll let you know once I have any final answers on this!