cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Codes are NOT generated by Samsung but the NUC team theirselves.

Mike_Lemon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

My complaint currently being "handled" by the Directors office.  Basically i have been waiting for phones to be unlocked for 25+ working days.   The original request had a selection of iPhone 7's and Samsung S7's.  The iPhones took 20 working days to unlock after complaint escalation but the Samsungs are still not unlocked after 25+ working days. 

Vodafone have started to say that even though they have already greatly exceeded unlocking deadlines, any further delays will be due to waiting for codes from Samsung.  In desperation i contacted Samsung as even the directors office appears to have no influence on the NUC team.  Samsung escalated the complaint, involving both head office and senior engineers  to answer my questions.  The conclusion of the investigation was very straight forward. 

"they have advised that we play no part in the network unlocking codes.  This solely lies with the provider." 

Never let NUC tell anyone it's the phone manufacturers fault when the phones are not unlocked within their 10 working day deadline !!   

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Vodafone typically have unlocking codes on file for most phones except iPhones as they don't use a Nuc which I'm sure you aware of going by your post.

However Vodafone do state that sometimes codes can be longer to get which can take up to 10 days in exceptional circumstances if they need to liaise with the manufacturer.

I'm surprised Samsung have engaged with you over a network locked phone to be honest as they don't usually get involved with owners over network locked phones.

Also some Samsung phones need a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

In my opinion nowadays all.phones supplied by the networks should be unlocked out of the phone but that's just my personal opinion.

As you've raised an official complaint it will be a case of letting that play out hopefully to a resolution for you @Mike_Lemon 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply BoB 

I approached Samsung to get the full picture even though it is published on their website here. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-inserted-a-new-sim-card-and-now-it-is-asking-me-...

The master unlock codes are also generated by Vodafone, but only if needed. 

What amazes me is that even after escalating the complaint the Directors office cannot press this issue with any real power.  I was told by senior customer relations managers that the NUC team can only be contacted by email and do not have a phone number, not even internally which is an accident waiting to happen.  

No wonder it has again been voted 2019 worst UK mobile network with customer services generating 1 in 5 complaints from its customers  ... this according to OFCOM.   Anyway i can't go any higher with the complaint as i am a business cutomer and CICAS will on represent customers with a maximum of 9 connections doh 😞