Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Iphone X

dbieniu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys. I am so annoyed by what I have experienced with online advisors. I keep being told how valuable customer I am (I know, i have 3 lines) yet when it comes to help it's all down to hmm lies?

Yesterday I requested help with getting NUC code for my iPhone X. I was promised that I was on priority list and I will get it within 8 hrs. 8hrs has passed nothing. 16 hrs passed - nothing. 
I chatted with advisor again and she was clueless and it appeared that nothing as such priority list exist.
Then she pretty much told me to email nucrecsolutions@vodafone and request NUC myself.

Guys I really need to get it done, why does it take so long for you just to do it? 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @dbieniu 

Vodafone don't unlock the phone, after completing the Unlock Code Request form here: Network Unlock Code request form. if you met the criteria for unlocking the request is sent to Apple to complete the unlocking.

Until then you are entirely at the mercy of Apple for the completion, this is the same for everyone, there is nothing Vodafone would be able to do to speed up the process.

Just keep trying an alternative SIM in the phone until you get the unlocked message. When you receive the message follow the on screen advice to set up Apple applications.

BandOfBrothers

I'm not surprised your getting frustrated with what your being told @dbieniu 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately up to another 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.