Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Not working

Willbaglin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I requested a phone unlock for my Sony Xperia L3 for a different sim whilst I was travelling. I was sent a code but it's met with 'network unlock unsuccessful' every time I enter it.

I have checked multiple times that I am definitely entering the right code and I only have one attempt left before it locks out completely. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks, 

Will Baglin

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Willbaglin 

When you say whilst I was travelling 

If that means your out of the UK then Vodafone UK cannot guarantee that a Nuc will work.

If your in the UK then please check out the help link How-do-I-use-my-nuc.

And I assume the non Vodafone sim card your using is activated i.e. connects to mobile data etc.

If.your still stuck then customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter can.

Please link back to your thread and username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for getting in touch, 

I phrased that poorly, I entered the NUC while I was in the UK before I left and it didn't work. Not sure if that changes anything. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Willbaglin Are you trying to unlock the device whilst abroad? Or are you currently in the UK?

I am currently abroad, but I was in the UK when I tried to activate it. 

BandOfBrothers

No worries @Willbaglin 

The reason I asked is because Vodafone UK cannot guarantee that a Nuc will work outside of the UK.

The iPhone is the exception as it doesn't use an actual code to unlock.

If the Nuc didn't work before you left the UK then its unlikely it'll work abroad.

You would have to be back in the UK and or try a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones although that would be at a cost to you.

My advice is not to use an online unlocking site.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.