Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Resolution Team e-mail address

Lawrence87
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I want to unlock my phone, and have requested the NUC. This code has been given to me but my phone is not allowing it to be entered as per the usual process, and therefore I have been told to speak to the NUC Resolutions team on an incorrect e-mail address. Both Vodafone, Samsung (phone manufacturer) and EE ( the new network provider) agree that this is a Vodafone problem as I have spoken with all of them in person and on the phone. Therefore, either this needs to be resolved or I need the complaints procedure.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @Lawrence87 

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have mentioned an unfreeze code  / mastercode.

Advising you to approach Samsung to unlock the phone is poor advice !

My personal opinion is that in today's market all phones should be unlocked that are supplied by the Network(s) which would stop issues like these when people come to unlock them, and perhaps free up the Networks resources that are then needed to support customers attempting to unlock.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I think what you may find is that the Nuc is possibly correct but you also need a mastercode as known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc @Lawrence87 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries shouod be able to supply this if you ask specifically for it.

Samsung wouldn't be able to help anyway with a network locked phone unfortunately.

The complaints procedure is Here.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the help with that, and I will follow your advice an see how I get on. I fully agree that the NUC code is correct, as I've had it confirmed, but I don't understand why the 4 different Vodafone operatives and the in-store managers who have seen it in person, didn't once mention this?

Also, your very correct that Samsung can't help in any way, but I only found that out after Vodafone told me that I needed to contact them for the code (untrue). Its honestly been a terrible effort all round from Vodafone, so hopefully this can help me, and thanks again!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Lawrence87 

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have mentioned an unfreeze code  / mastercode.

Advising you to approach Samsung to unlock the phone is poor advice !

My personal opinion is that in today's market all phones should be unlocked that are supplied by the Network(s) which would stop issues like these when people come to unlock them, and perhaps free up the Networks resources that are then needed to support customers attempting to unlock.

Current Phone  >