Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Resolutions Team

Mindaugas
1: Seeker

I'm waiting for NUC code from the 3rd of March. First I've received a message that it can take up to 10 working days to get it, so I've waited. After 10 days I called Vodafone and spoke to the person named Omar, he asked me to wait another two days. After two days I called again and this time spoke to another person, he just gave me e-mail address of the NUC Resolutions Team and asked to contact them directly. So I sent them an e-mail, but do not know when and if they will reply. How long should I wait for an answer and what to do if I don't get one? 

23 REPLIES 23

I have an issue with the unlocking of two iPhone 7's, fresh on the back of a 3 month issue surrounding the provision of two new iPhone XS's.   Clearly this gives me great concern.

My prime contact submitted (allegedly) the unlocking request on 16th December and I was told it would be about 3 days.  Nothing.  I've chased the issue up a number of times now, including today when I am told it doesn't appear the requests were ever actioned.   She has now resubmitted those requests and I have emailed the nuc resolutions team.  I'm resigned to the fact I probably will have to chase this up again and again, just like I did with the 3 month replacement handset issue.  Meanwhile the new owners of the iPhone 7's still have yet to fully utilise their Xmas presents.  Well done Vodafone.  I'm posting this here in the hope somebody may actually action this but I'm not optimistic.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@sophistyx I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had getting these phones unlocked. If the request has been sent, it can take up to 10 working days; as we sometimes need to contact the manufacturer. 

iPhones don't need an NUC, they're unlocked over the air; so our NUC team will get back in touch with you via email when they're ready to be unlocked.

If you've not heard anything back after this time, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to chase this up for you. 

Can you contact me. I am having the same issue. I went into the Vodafone shop and asked what was need for moving my phone and number to virgin. Wasn't told about the Nuc code! I have been waiting since the 27 th for a code for my old phone. I have tried phoning and the live chat which are both useless. Can you explain why the Nuc code is needed as I have been told it is Apples fault from your team, Apple say different!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Allanmcc75 It'll be us that will request your NUC code from the manufacturer for you. 

If you've received an email to say your phone is unlocked, you won't need to enter a code for this. The Unlocking team do currently have a backlog of requests, so it may be longer than the 10 working days that you receive your confirmation email (this could be 17-21 working days).

Please be assured that if you've received an email confirming that we've received your unlock request, the team will be in touch again to let you know once it's unlocked.

Once you do have the email from the team, you'll just need to insert a non-Vodafone SIM, turn on your phone and follow the instructions to set up iCloud and iMessage/FaceTime. 

Hi Natasha,

is there any chance someone can contact me directly or point me in the direction of who I complain to. I own the hand set and have been locked out it since before Xmas. I would like a reason as to why I need to put one of your SIM cards into my phone for 30 days when I left your network for poor service. 

TJ

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into getting your phone unlocked for you @Allanmcc75. Find out how to get in touch here. Alternatively, if you'd like to complain; you can complete our complaints form here

I have tried phoning your helpline team and got a girl who told me to just keep waiting!  This is rolling on 3 weeks and I have had no contact with Nuc team. Please note your link for complaining takes you a link with the wrong number on it. I have just spent so mins on the phone to your complaint s dept to be told it will be 3 days to get a reply. This whole set up is a joke for a company your size, you don't give a ##~## for customers who are leaving your network. 

TJ

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience @Allanmcc75 . Have you been able to contact us on one of our social channels here?

I have been onto the complaints line 4 times to ask about an up date and all they do is blame apple. I have also just received an email saying I don't meet the criteria for an Nuc code. I have just phoned your complaints line again and been told just to take it into a Vodafone shop and they will unlock it for me. This is the biggest ##~## take ever, why did the Vodafone store not unlock it for me when I was asking about this on the 7 of December!

TJ

You won't be able to get your phone unlocked in store @Allanmcc75 - so I'm sorry to hear you've been advised that. Have you contacted us via our social channels, so that our team can take a look in your unlocking for you?