Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code needed

Angie371
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I asked for an unlocking code 10 working days ago now and it still hasn't been emailed to me. I have telephoned and chatted online to two people. I am no further forward. I need the code urgently. I am no longer a Vodafone customer. The phone I want to use is locked to Vodafone. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Which model of phone are you wanting to unlock @Angie371 

There is no account access via the forum anymore so you'd need to persevere with customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi it's a really old Samsung SGH-G600. Your two chat operatives were really rude to me. When I called I was just told to fill in the form which I kept explaining I had already done. I need the code so my daughter can take the phone away with her on a school trip. I had problems before with customer services and moved. I see things haven't improved. 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Angie371 I really appreciate you need to get your NUC as soon as possible. Have you been able to get in touch with us, using the links and information @BandOfBrothers provided? If you have, a member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible 😊

Hi I still don't have the code. I was given an email address to email today. I will wait and see if they respond. I have called, tweeted and used the online chat but I am no further forward. 

I am with Giffgaff and you send one message and they respond. With Vodafone I find I am being told to contact different people. 

Hi,

I am trying to switch to another provider. I received an unlock code for my Samsung phone, but got the message:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

Network unlock request unsuccessful

After calling 191 several times, one guy gave me the email address for the NUC resolutions team. However, I'm now told that contact can take another 10 days. I emailed them yesterday and got an auto-response, but nothing else. The government have made it even easier to switch network providers this week with the new texting service. However, how can the government not realise that network locking like this by Vodafone is making it very difficult and stressful for customers to switch.

In the meantime, does anyone know a reputable place where I could buy what I hear is needed: a master/unfreeze code? Without that, I see no end to this situation.

Thanks

Vodafone clearly do not care about their customer service reputation. I have contacted them numerous times by various methods. I still don't have the code I requested two weeks ago. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting your NUC @Angie371We can get quite busy on our social channels, so there could be a slight delay in a reply. Could you please let me know your username and which channel you used to contact us? I'll then be able to find your post and ensure someone is looking into this for you. If you don't want to post this publicly, please add your Facebook name or Twitter handle to your personal information section, here on the Community. 

It's disappointing to hear you're still waiting too @BARTON999. Sometimes our NUC team will need to contact the manufacturer to get a new NUC/or Master Code which can take up to 10 working days. Please continue to keep us updated and let us know what they advise when they back in touch with you. 

I have only had the email confirmation responses and nothing else. 

I was told on twitter I had given the wrong information. I know exactly which number was last used in the phone and it was used by my mum. I know her date of birth and address. 

I have heard nothing from the email I sent to NUC resolutions. 

The two online chat operatives were rude to me and told me to stop wasting their time and fill in the NUC request form. I explained I had done this twice already. 

It is so frustrating having a phone that belongs to you that you cannot use. 

Thanks

I ended up having to contact the CEO Nick Jeffery to get my issue resolved. Luckily his team sorted it out in a few days. I should never have had to contact him though. 

The code I was given for my Samsung SGH-G600 was 72239140 if this might help anyone.