Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code not received

Amber2002
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On the 28th August I purchased a second hand iPhone 8 locked to vodaphone, I am currently a pay monthly 3 customer so on the 30th Aug I completed the online NUC form , received the verification email and confirmed my details immediately.

Having not heard anything after 10 days I had a “live chat “ conversation on your website where my application was confirmed and I was directed to contact the NUC resolution team.

on the 11th Sep I emailed the resolution team as I still not received an unlock code,I received an automated reply then on the 12th another email from the team asking me to complete the online form ( which I already had ) then verify my details from the confirmation email (which I already had)

Frustrated I completed the online form again on the 13th Sep and again verified my details from the confirmation email straight away.It is now the 19th Sep and I stil no unlock codes and I still cannot use my new phone on the 3 network.

Would somebody please be able to look into this and get this phone unlocked.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Amber2002 

To confirm ownership of the phone you would have needed to use a Vodafone PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days.  If this was not done, Vodafone would have been unable to pass the request for Apple to unlock the phone on their servers.  

How do I unlock my Vodafone device if I’m not a Vodafone customer?

When the 30 days of using the phone on the network is completed, you will get a confirmation that the request has been passed to Apple, it will then be a case of trying your 3 SIM in the phone until you receive the unlocked message on the screen, you don't use a code for unlocking an iphone.

If you use the forum search facility at the top of the page, you will be able to find previous threads explaining the process.

Hi Ann , thanks for your reply wish someone had explained this sooner , especially the sales staff in my local vodaphone shop .

i will get on it straight away, much appreciated 

AnnS

Hi @Amber2002 

You would have needed to tick the boxes on this link and you need a Vodafone number: Unlock Code Request

The only other way is for the previous owner to unlock the phone against an active Vodafone account (as mentioned by @63johnw )

BandOfBrothers

Just to add to @63johnw  sound advice @Amber2002 

Because its Apple that unlock the phone centrally this can then take a further 30 days from Vodafone acceoring your request.

Another route is to try a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock iPhones for a fee.

I wouldn't recommend however using any online unlocking sites.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @Amber2002  there is no unlock code for iPhones, Apple carry out the unlock at Vodafone's request. 

in order to process the unlock you must have used the phone on the Vodafone network for a minimum of 30 days, easiest way is use a PAYG in the phone and use it to send the odd text etc. This registers the imei on Vodafone against your name and details. You should then complete the form and request the unlock. 

If you know the previous owner, they can request the unlock for you.