main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

NUC code old phone

2: Seeker

I have an old Samsung slider phone and I switched the number quite a few years ago, when I got a smart phone and moved to Carphone Warehouse ID mobile But the old phone is locked and I want to use it as a pay as you go emergency phone with an O2 sim, but I am having trouble getting the NUC. 

View more options
8 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Have you had any type of reply from filling out the online Nuc form ?

If all else fails you could pick up a Vodafone Payg sim and use that for 30 days in the phone making calls etc in the phone and then use the new payg account to request its unlock @Dpmarshall123

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks, so far I have filled the form out twice, I didn’t want to have get a SIM as I think you have to top up with a minimum of £5 -  as this is an old phone and I only want to use for emergencies.

View more options

@Dpmarshall123 I'm sorry you're having difficulty receiving your NUC. As you've mentioned you've filled out the form on two occasions, have you received any correspondence from our dedicated team? Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for them to be in touch. If we need to contact the manufacturer of your phone, the process of this can take up to 10 working days.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dpmarshall123

As you mention this is a very old phone, if the SIM you were using was PAYG, it would have long expired and the number would have dropped of the IMEI. This may be the reason for the difficulty getting the NUC.

Your only option may be to get a new PAYG Vodafone SIM and this is going to mean topping up and making some chargeable activity to associate the IMEI with the number for 30 days.  After which time you shouldn't have any problem getting the code but it might be worth mentioning that as this is a very old discontinued phone there is always a chance that the NUC may no longer be available.

View more options

Thanks, it sounds like this is the only option

View more options

Hi, no, I haven’t had any response from either online request, both are well past 48 hours but I haven’t had any updates, I will wait for 10 days then chase again.

View more options

@Dpmarshall123 -  Thanks for getting back to us. Please follow the advice from @AnnS.  For security we need to confirm the phone belongs to you. To do this, please get a free Pay as you go SIM online or in one of our stores and use it for 30 days. You’ll then be able to request the code again. 

View more options

Thanks, I have all the original documentation from the purchase of the phone, plus although the Pay as you go SIM is free, the minimum top up is £5, so in effect I have to pay £5 to get my own phone unlocked.

View more options