cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC does not work. Support staff unhelpful.

Ekul
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello there!

Phone: Samsung S8

Long story short, my vodafone number is ported to Three hence my voda sim is a dud. Therefore I can no longer use my phone without Wi-Fi.

Anyway, recently received my NUC after 2 weeks of waiting.

I have seen many posts about needing a 'master code' to unlcok this handset, I believe I may need the same.

The phone displays the following: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Now, I have tried PUK codes bother from vodafone and Three (my new provider), Three have even sent me a replacement sim as a result of the PUK's not working. I then stumbled upon multiple threads regarding a master code. This one for instance: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Master-code/td-p/2600348

Now, live chat are saying they cannot help (it's not their issue apparently), even so far as to say they cannot read the thread posts. I've been advised to call 191 (which I cannot)

Now, is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction before I loose my mind?

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat know about Mastercodes aka an unfreeze code which is sometimes needed for a Samsung phone as well as the Nuc.

Perhaps try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there, 

Live chat say they're unable to provide this and that I need to contact Samsung directly.  One operator also didn't have a clue

Im currently unable to dial 191 as my vodafone sim is now obsolete. 

BandOfBrothers

Samsung won't engage with you in regards to a network locked phone I'm afraid.

The advice to approach them would be fruitless.

Please try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link.

And or You can ring Vodafone on their landline number and if necessary ignore the prompts to key in your mobile number and on the 4th time of ignoring the promotions it should change and say press 1 for Payg and 2 for contracts which will get you through to an agent.

Contact-us/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Yeah, called Samsung and they said it would be vodafone that provide it.

Do they provide it there and then or do you have to wait?

I kind if need it asap 

BandOfBrothers

They should hopefully provide it straightaway and or via a follow up email.

Current Phone  >

Having a bit of an issue getting them to reply at the moment