Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC doesn't work!

pwills
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Received NUC form Vodafaone, - followed instructions and got an unlock unsuccessful error.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @pwills 

It would help if were able to mention the phone you are trying to unlock.

The best place to find information and support is from previous threads on the unlocking board.  If you are able to ask the question from the forum search facility, these should come up.

If you are still unable to find the answer you need, follow this link: Contact us for account specific queries

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply.

The phone is a samsung s8. 

I've already found hundreds of threads on the unlocking forum but nobody seems to have any answers for this problem.

I have followed the link you sent but it leads to a page with facebook/twitter links, (neither of which I use), and a link to 'TOBi' the automated chatbot who directs you to the vodafone community forum which is how I originally got here to post this question!

So I have now come full circle.

Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @pwills 

If this isn't unlocking even when using an activated alternative network sim card i.e connects to mobile data etc and your currently in the UK then occasionally some Samsung Galaxy phones also need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can supply this.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BoB, thanks for your suggestion.

I had seen the master code mentioned in a few other posts so have now contacted vodafone to request one for my phone. 

Fingers crossed!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @pwills 

In my humble opinion it's about time all the networks stopped having their branded phones locked.

There's little need for it nowadays and it would cut down on the resources needed to assist customers in unlocking the phone and the stress that can be experienced by the customer trying to jump through all the hoops needed to complete the process  !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Couldn't agree with you more BoB!

Process shouldn't be this much hassle.

Hoping I won't have many more hoops to jump through now.

Thanks.

Update.

Contacted vodafone again to tell them nuc wasn't working, - received a reply telling me my unlock request didn't meet the unlock criteria.

Emailed again to ask which of the criteria the request was failing on and received no reply.

Today, over a month later and totally out of the blue, I received an email with the same NUC as last time but this time I was also given a Mastercode.

Followed the instructions and my phone is finally unlocked and working on a non Vodafone sim!!!

Thanks to everyone here for their help.

GREES879
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have this message also what should I do