Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC doesnt work

Madina786
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I have had my samsung s7 for two years now I have been using a talk talk sim in it. I recently bought a new giff gaff sim which i put into the phone to which a network unlock code is required. I filled out the form online and recieved my NUC code. However when I put it in, it doesnt work. Help!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You must have been using a Vodafone Sim card in the phone for 30 days making calls etc on Vodafone Payg or 30 days making calls etc and 3 bills paid on time on Vodafone Pay Monthly to acquire a Nuc from Vodafone UK @Madina786 

edit 》 It will have accepted the other networks sim as it was a mobile virtual network operator that operated off Vodafones Network until they ceased trading. "Vodafone bought Talkmobile from Carphone Warehouse in 2015. In April 2017 Talkmobile stopped selling new contracts and PAYG SIMS and customers reaching the end of their contracts are given the option of continuing with their existing deal or upgrading to Vodafone. " Info added for clarity when others search for unlocking fromnthis previous MVNO.  :Smiling:

If the Giffgaff sim card is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc then contact Vodafone customer service and they can check the Nuc is correct and if necessary give you their Nuc department email address for further support.

Also some Samsung phones need a MCK also known as a mastercode  / unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service via 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can give you this if you ask for it specifically.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.