main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

NUC for S10+

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

It would be nice to train your guys dealing with NUC Codes so that they are aware that the Galaxy S10+ (bought with a VF contract) has 2 Sim Card slots therefore 2 IMEI!!

I successfully got my NUC code for the primary IMEI, which is the one on file, but can't get it for the second one. The team keeps saying they can't give out codes for an IMEI that's not on file! Well, NOT MY PROBLEM, if VF don't know how the Phones they're selling work, it's their issue not mine, in the meantime I want BOTH my IMEI to be network unlocked.

Anyone else had this issue please? Should I just start a complaint through Customer Relations? 

Thnscreenmaster__20190528_173206.jpg

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting in touch @prodigualson, it's disappointing to see you're having trouble getting your second SIM unlocked. Usually we'd need the IMEI to show on the account, which happens after 30 days of use; with you having no SIM inserted this won't have happened.

So one of our team can escalate this to our NUC team, please get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

If you could also send over an un-edited screenshot of both IMEIs together, this can be forwarded to our NUC team too.

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
17: Community Champion

Can you download the app phoneinfo from Google play and confirm your phones full model number.

I'm asking because as far as I'm aware the Duos Hybrid sim card models that take two sim cards are only available from Samsung themselves.

The ones supplied by Vodafone are single sim card and sd card variants. 

This is something I looked into when buying my Note 9.

If it is dual sim then you'll have the sim card Manager section in settings and connections. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

No they're not. I shared a screenshot, doesn't it show in my post? My s10+ can get 2 Sim cards, there's a menu for it and I tried with 2 Vodafone sim cards and it works well.

And as I said in my post there are 2 IMEI in my phone so if it was a single sim model I wouldn't get 2 IMEI when doing *#06#. 

View more options

No you're screenshot wont show until a moderator authorises it.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

This is my screenshot from phoneinfoScreenshot_20190528-183143.jpg

View more options

Ah ok I didn't know. 

Well in phoneinfo it does say SM-975F (Dual Sim). You'll see it in the 2nd screenshot I've shared once it is validated. 

View more options

Oki doki.

What I'd suggest is to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook  or Vodafone Twitter.

They can supply the direct email address for the Nuc Department.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Thank you but I already have that email address. It's nucresolutions at help.vodafone.co.uk

It's actually those guys who told me that they can only unlock the primary IMEI which is totally ludicrous. If there are 2 IMEI in my VODAFONE phone then both have to be unlocked as I have all the prerequisites (since they already gave me the unlock code for the primary IMEI which worked great). 

It's illegal to refuse to unlock my phone! 

View more options

I agree that if they agree to unlock to all network's then the phone should accept two different non Vodafone sim cards .

What does your phone say when you try this ?

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Asks for NUC code

View more options

Hi @prodigualson  sorry to ask but it doesn’t say in the thread (that I can see) did you get this phone direct from Vodafone? I see you say the contract is from them but that could be from a third party?

View more options

Hi. Yes, direct from Vodafon (upgrade). 

Thnx

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @prodigualson, it's disappointing to see you're having trouble getting your second SIM unlocked. Usually we'd need the IMEI to show on the account, which happens after 30 days of use; with you having no SIM inserted this won't have happened.

So one of our team can escalate this to our NUC team, please get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

If you could also send over an un-edited screenshot of both IMEIs together, this can be forwarded to our NUC team too.

View more options

Done. Thanks 

View more options

quite frankly, I'm appaled by the stupidity, the incompetence and the dishonnesty of your people!

Twitter and Facebook agents are just PLAIN INCOMPETENT and don't even reply to the questions and the Customer Relations people are just PLAIN STUPID! I got someone from customer relations who insisted I had to call the other provider (3 UK in this instance) to unlock my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS????

So where else can I get help then??? There's really not 1 person in the entire scum vodafone org that knows anything and are willing to just do their job???? 

I'm done with Vodafone, once I get my NUC, I'm out.  

View more options

@prodigualson I can see I've spoken to you on another thread. I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you, our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible. Rest assured, as soon as we've reached your message, we'll be sure to assist you further with your query - we appreciate your continued patience. 

View more options