main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

NUC resolutions? is that a thing?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

So... I was told to write with my problem to nuc(dot)resolutions(at)vodafone(dot)co(dot)uk

I did, and 24 hours later i received a notice of e-mail not being delivered.

Seriously, i'm tired of this situation... I'm moving to another country in 1 month and NOT happy about the prospect of not being able to use my phone there...

My proble is descibed below.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have recently been abroad, where i tried to use a sim-card of a different provider and was able to do so.
I have contacted the customer service numerous time while i was abroad, requesting the PUK and NUC codes, and neither of them worked.

That have forced me to use the roaming data, which was abviously rather expensive, in addition to lengthy calls i have made to the customer service that i have made from abroad.

I was told today at the Vodafone office that i need to e-mail you and request new NUC code and that apparently my phone was blocked, so i need to unblock it as well.

Could you please do that for me?

My number is 075557*****
My phone model is Samsung Galaxy S8
My IMEI is 3590420********

My previous NUC is 6497****, but as i said, it does not work.

Also, is there any way to reduce my roaming and calling-abroad charges, as it was not my fault, your colleagues confirmed it, and your customer service team is aware of that too. Is there anything that can be done regarding this situation?

Thank you for your help and understanding.

Best regards,
Dmitriy

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

@Dem_nsk 

The non Vodafone Sim card your using to invoke the pop up box to key in your Nuc _ is it activated i.e. connects to mobile data etc ?

A person needs to unlock their phone to all networks while they are in the UK.

I mention this because Vodafone UK cannot guarantee that a Nuc will work if the phone isn't in the UK latched to a UK Network.

The iPhone is the exception to this as it is unlocked centrally via Apple thus not by a Nuc.

Your options as I see it would be.....

Ask Customer Support  again for the Nuc email address. I appreciate you've tried this.

Or speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

A PUK has nothing to do with unlocking a phone to all network's and is connected to if a person has to use the security feature called a Sim Pin which stops their sim card being used in another phone without a 4 digit pin and have inputted that 4 digit pin in wrong too many times.

How-do-I-use-my-nuc.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options