cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC team saying phone is unlocked, Phone says it isn't.

stef2020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently tried to request a NUC code, However the NUC team sent an E-mail saying that the phone is already unlocked & that if I put a sim from another network in it it will work.

However I have put a sim from other networks into the phone (O2 & EE) & it just brings up a popup saying 'Unlock Sim, remaining attempts 100' with 'Network locked' displayed in the notification bar.

The phone is a Motorola Moto e4 Plus. Any ideas?

I've had a Vodafone Pay & Go sim in the phone since May 20th & that has worked fine.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you ever activated the sim pin security feature that stops a person inserting a sim in other phones @stef2020 

Also may I ask Did Vodafone supply the phone directly  ?

Have you ever asked for a Nuc for that phone ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sim pin has not been activated as far as I know.

It didn't come from Vodafone, My dad got it pre-owned in May (It's him i'm trying to unlock it for) & this is the 1st time we have requested a NUC.

Vodafone sim's work in it perfectly. I got a new Pay & Go sim from Vodafone in May to use for 30 days in order to get the NUC. That has been in the phone since May 20th, Just put it in & it worked without issue once activated.

BandOfBrothers

Who supplied the phone then @stef2020  ?

Sometimes sims work in phones as they were originally used to piggy back on a mvno  meaning a virtualnetwork i.e it uses Vodafone's network infrastructure.

It could be locked to another Network but is allowing a Vodafone Sim Card.

As Vodafone didn't supply the phone they may not be able to unlock it via a Nuc.

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Who supplied the phone then @stef2020  ?

Sometimes sims work in phones as they were originally used to piggy back on a mvno  meaning a virtual network i.e it uses Vodafone's network infrastructure.

It could be locked to another Network but is allowing a Vodafone Sim Card.

As Vodafone didn't supply the phone they may not be able to unlock it via a Nuc.

Current Phone  >

Bit of a correction.

My dad works at an NHS hospital (as an on call electrician) & he said it's a phone that was supplied to on-call staff a few years ago & that when they upgraded to new devices earlier in the year the management at his hospital gifted some of the old phones to long time staff & he ended up with one. All of the phones on call staff are given at his hospital run on the Vodafone network, We also have the original box & there's no network listed anywhere on it.

I did just go into the manual network selection setting & it says it's open to Vodafone & T-Mobile with other displayed network listed as Forbidden.

BandOfBrothers

Things can get tricky with ex corporate phones @stef2020 unfortunately @stef2020 

Current Phone  >