Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network unlock 0 tries left three NUCs tried and failed :(

graydog69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

afternoon VF world.....

so I have a Sony 1 ii, given to me by a family member. 

requested a NUC which failed first time think maybe I typed the wrong number (well i do have a specific learning difficulty). Second time was via the service screen *#*# 7 etc #*#* easier to see and yep defo not go.

contacted Vodafone help and chatted to someone who verified the number and yep failed again.

two more NUC sent to gether both failed.

the phone is now bricked.....

what Can I do? 

Very cool phone with loads of disability access features and I want to use this phone for both personal and Work  sims especially once we all can start over seas travel again. needs teh unlock as work sim is not VF (sorry I have no control over that). 

any and all help welcome

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Because the phone is now hardlocked with 0 tries left a Vodafone Highstreet Store would need to send it away to have the counter reset @graydog69 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks and sorry for the slow reply

back to working on site first time in 20mths..!!! 

I tried that at teh Telford store. then ran a self help question check help on their instore PC and the answer can back.

We cant do anything please contact online help.

Ive raise a complaint and a Chap called Vishal is dealing with it, does not seems to have a scoobie doo about the issues as keeps talking about getting another NUC which is interesting as "Carl" from vodaphone provided me or rather confirmed to me two codes to try today. needles to say BOTH failed,

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @graydog69 It sounds like the adviser your complaint is with believes the issue you're experiencing is connected to the NUC you've been provided, not your phone. As @BandOfBrothers as mentioned, once the counter on your phone hits 0 you won't be able to unlock it with any code until it's been reset. This can only be done by popping it in to your local Vodafone store, or Sony Repair center. Apologies for any confusion over this.

Yep you are not wrong there.........

but trying to get through that layer of not understanding is almost impossible.

I took the phone to the Telford store they said nothing we can do here and referred me back to the online complains who then decided it is a NUC problem and round we go. 

Just been offered £150 to take my phone to a private 3rd highstreet store ro solve the problem .

seriously ???

Vodafone whats going on?

It sounds like you're in a loop of being told this is a handset issue then an NUC issue. If you would like us to review the notes from the complaints team and the reason behind the £150 offer, please drop us a private message using Facebook or Twitter. 

sorry daft question where on facebook.

in really deadlock now with VF customer care team, their respond it to go contact to obadman..... Vs me you can pay for a new phone(replacment) if you can not reset the NUC count.

BIG down side Im suck atm as need to find another phone to still allow men to use my freestyle diabetic sensor. my old sony will not read the sensor....... 

so very not happy

thanks g

From your most recent post, it could be a case that the complaint has reached the deadlock stage, this means that we would have come to our final offer. If you click here, this will have a link to our Facebook and Twitter channels where we'll be happy to check this. 

humm, Well I used the complaints portal under advice of Telford store and all that has happened is deadlock.

I have issued an invoice..

it is very clear the phone is locked following enter of several NUC sent from VF. 

my understanding was (till today) the phone had to go back via VF to sony for NUC reset. 

today I've sent the phone off to Sony myself. and hope to get it back reset.... perhaps then new NUCs can work. 

BUT I am now without diabetic sensor.... the old stick and pick method till it comes back.....

I've added a message on facebook but got an AI