Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving texts from one number.

emiliehaschka
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, over christmas my boyfriend got a new phone with a new number. When he got the phone he sent a text to my phone which i received with no issues. However, since then, none of his texts have come through to my phone despite his mobile telling him it had been sent. But when I send him a text, the messages go through to his phone with no problem at all. We're both on vodafone, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and he has a Vodafone Smart 3. I have already checked my spam folders, blocked numbers, removed my sim card and re-entered it, removed the battery and re-entered it and nothing seems to be working. Help please!

1 REPLY 1

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi emiliehaschka

Is your boyfriend able to send texts to other phones without difficulty?  It's possible to test whether the phone is set up correctly by sending a text to 9770 - if all is working OK, Vodafone sends an acknowledgement text back.  The Message centre number should be set to +447785016005, and the message format should be set to text.

In the Settings for Messages, does his phone have the option to request a delivery report for messages which he sends?  If so, it would be interesting if he turned that option on, tried sending you a text, and then watched his phone immediately after sending the text to see what message, if any, came up.  On my phone (a Huawei Ascend G300), when I have that option turned on, shortly after I've sent a brief message shows up, and then a little envelope icon appears on my copy of the text, confirming that it was received.

There's a Troubleshooter for text messaging HERE which would be worth trying if you're still stuck.

Annie.