Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 10 Sim2 NUC

hippy999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I have today received a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10 from my employer, the phone was upgraded directly from Vodafone yesterday.

My employer bought this Dual Sim device specifically so I can use my own sim card in slot 2 to save carrying around 2 phones.

Unfortunately the phone appears to be network locked to Vodafone.

I have tried to request a NUC via the vodafone website, but as there has not yet been bills paid on the account it won't let me request a NUC.

Is there any way I can get around this?

Whats the point in having a dual sim device that is locked to a single network?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The phones supplied by a network as part of a contract are typically sim locked and as such a person i.e the contract holder needs to fulfil certain criteria to unlock so the phone accepts all network sim cards.

As your using a dual hybrid duos version then Both sim slots have different imei numbers so a person needs to request a Nuc for both.

So a Vodafone sim card needs to be been used in both slots for 30 days making calls etc, and x3 Bill's paid on time if on a contract.

Alternatively......

If on Vodafone Payg then the sim needs to have been used for 30 days making calls etc in both sim slots and then the Nuc's requested @hippy999 

So you could pick up x2 Vodafone Payg Sim Cards and top them up enough to make calls etc using both slots and then request the two Nuc's after 30 days has elapsed.

Edit 》 or look to the advise in NUC-for-S10.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.