main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

O2 Wi-Fi in McDonalds

12: Established

For the past couple of weeks I've been unable to connect to the O2 wi-fi
in McDonalds using my Blackberry 9360. I just get a message saying
'Please open your browser to connect to wi-fi' displayed in the browser!
Never had a problem before, has anything changed?

View more options
6 REPLIES
16: Advanced member

If you are able to connect to Wifi elsewhere, it would indicate to me that there is some issue with the O2 Wifi hot spot you're connecting to.  Much more tthan that, I can't say.

PWIAC

View more options

Same problem in a different branch yesterday, while the person next to
me connected OK with his HTC. Obviously a problem with my phone/network.

Any ideas?

View more options

Seems to be a problem with the built-in browser, as I can use other apps/browsers OK.

View more options
17: Community Champion

What happens if you clear history, cache and cookies?  Assuming no software update, that seems the most likely thing.

View more options

First things I tried - no effect. Also deleted the network from the list of saved networks - again no effect. It's only a minor irritant, as as I say, I can use other browsers, it's just a bit annoying not knowing what's happened.

View more options
17: Community Champion

It certainly seems to be the browser, doesn't it?  If there haven't been any updates, I wonder whether it's a security thing - McD's have maybe enhanced something and it's now not compatible with the built in one for some peculiar reason?

I agree with you that it's more puzzling than anything else, but it'd be niggling me too, even if I just got round it by using a different one!

View more options