Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old Iphone unlock code

Cawdy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help ! Vodafone have informed me they are unable to supply me with a NUC code for my old Iphone 4S because it is linked to a corporate account. This because I used it with a corporate sim card for business use. The new (at the time) privately purchased phone apparently became locked to Vodafone after inserting the sim. I have since retired from the business and would like to use phone with a different network. Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Cawdy 

Vodafone have have two criteria's for unlocking

The phone has been used on the network and it has not been reported as lost or stolen.

The simplest way to get this solved is to get yourself a Vodafone PAYG SIM, make a few chargeable activities and then make the unlocking request here: Unlock My phone 

It should then be simple enough to complete the unlocking by synchronising to itunes as soon as the unlocking has been processed by Apple.

However, according to the unlocking link Apple devices should already be unlocked.

Thanks AnnS - I should certainly meet Vodafone's 2 criteria to have it unlocked although clearly this is not sufficient. See below response back from Vodafone :

Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your device so you can use it on another network. It looks like you are trying to unlock a device that belongs to a corporate account.

What you need to do next

If you're trying to unlock a business device, please submit your request through our corporate portal "VCO". If you do not have a VCO account, please contact your dedicated Vodafone Customer Service Team.
If you have a device on a personal account please submit the form with the IMEI for that device. The IMEI previously submitted is associated with a corporate account.

Note that the device was my own albeit used for some time with a Vodafone corporate SIM. I tried to speak to someone via 'VCO' without success  :Sad_face:

It appears Vodafone will not unlock this device without cost to me and as it stands my only option may be to send for a free Vodafone PAYG sim (which is not really free as the minimum monthly cost is a tenner) and then apply for a NUC after the month is up. A more costly option (probably) has been suggested to go to a high street store or reputable online outfit. My question is if they can do it why cant Vodafone ?

BandOfBrothers

@Cawdy there is no longer a 30 day waiting period to unlock the phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Cawdy the reason is, the SIM card you use in the phone is how we verify ownership. Using a Pay As You go SIM, which is a personal account - makes it easier to verify that the phone does belong to you and not the business. 

I have the same situation as @Cawdy

I have purchased the PAYG SIM, topped up and made some billable calls but I still get blocked by the 'associated with a Corporate Account' message when I request the NUC. 

Is an Apple iPhone 7+, yesterday it said unsuccessful because 'the IMEI is not on the Vodafone network' (double checked, correct IMEI was given) but today has gone back to the Corporate Account message.

Please could you advise?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @scoridd We can take a closer look his for you. As we'll need access to your PAYG account to do this, pop us a Private message through one of our social channels. When greeted by our digital assistant select 'Get started' followed by 'asked to DM' and one of our team will be happy to pick this up for you. 

Thanks @Mark

I've been in touch with your rep via Facebook - they sent me a message about Apple iPhones usually being unlocked and asked that I try to sync the phone to iTunes. I followed the steps but they didn't work and now they are ignoring my messages.

On inserting a different SIM and trying to sync to iTunes, I get the same message...

"The SIM card you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server."

"Please insert another SIM card from a supported network provider or request this iPhone be unlocked by your network provider"

It seems Vodafone need to process the network unlock request with Apple....

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It can sometimes take us a bit longer get back to you via Social Media @scoridd. I can assure you, if you're waiting for a reply we will get back to you as soon as we can. We really appreciate your patience so far 👍

Well, I don't know what to say. I have wasted my money and time following all the steps you have suggested...

• I have used a PAYG Sim for a few months, added credits and made billable calls
  • I have made 10+ requests for a network unlock code via your website
  • I have spoken to you on social media numerous times
  • I have called for technical support around 10 times over the last 3 months

Every single time you have told me that all Vodafone Apple phones are unlocked and so I shouldn't be calling. That's obviously not the case, once we have gotten over that you have always promised me that it would be sorted in 10 days but probably sooner, and every time I wait 10+ days for a response and nothing. Your staff are rude and mostly seem to have no idea how to even get this sorted. They keep on telling me I'll receive a network unlock code, which isn't even correct as this is an iPhone - everything I've read suggests Apple need to unlock the phone on their licensing server and a network unlock code has nothing to do with it.

Last time I spoke to you, your staff moaned because I kept calling and asked why I couldn't call Apple and sort it out myself. Believe me, I would like nothing more but no - my phone remains locked to your network with no way to escape due to the complacency and incompetence of it's customer support staff. So, Vodafone, you tell me - how exactly am I supposed to get my phone off your network?  For now, I have perfectly good working mobile phone that's nothing more than a paperweight.