Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old sim from Tesco's wont work in new vodafone

TinaPearson
2: Seeker

Losing the will to live!

the sim from my old phone wont work in new vodafone handset.  I have used the PUK code from tescos- as the message on the vodafone phone asks for a PUK code for the old sim- this does not work. I have also tried the NUC code supplied by vodafone and this equally does not work

19 REPLIES 19

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A Puk is only needed if a person has activated a security feature called a Sim pin which stops a sim being used in another phone without inputting the sim pin 4 digit code. The Puk is needed if a person forgets that 4 digit pin and enters it too many times incorrectly. 

The Nuc supplied by Vodafone UK will open up a phone that is locked to Vodafone to become unlocked to all networks.

How-do-I-use-my-nuc.

Inserting a Tesco Sim Card that's activated should invoke the pop up box to key in the Vodafone Nuc.

I have known for the process to not always work when using a MVNO operators sim card so are you able to use one of the main networks sim cards that's activated ?

You need to be in the UK when doing this. 

If it's not working then please contact customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TinaPearson

The phone doesn't like the PUK code supplied either TESCOs or Vodafone. So only option left is to return the phone to the shop

@TinaPearson wrote:

The phone doesn't like the PUK code supplied either TESCOs or Vodafone. So only option left is to return the phone to the shop

That may indeed be the best case scenario and then buy one that will accept your Tesco sim card or an unlocked to all networks phone.

Current Phone  >

when I bought the phone from Vodafone- I explained to the staff I needed a new phone as mine was slow & my intention was to swap to tesco.

I discovered on purchase you cant swap to a different provider for 30 days. This was not made clear by the staff in the folkestone Vodafone branch.

I made a note in my diary to swap over after 30 days. used the so called free £10 credit for the month as you have to porve you have used the phone for 30 days.

I now find that the PUK code from TESCOs and the PUK code from Vodafone dont work. 

If the phone needs to be returned in 14 days of purhcase then the whole Vodafone set up appears to be a big joke and scam 

AnnS

Hi @TinaPearson 

The PUK won't work as it's not the code you need, it's irrelevent and you ignore it.  I have explained to you about the Master unfreeze code you need to request form Vodafone, that is the code you use.

The return period is 14 days and this is something Vodafone are explicit about in the returns policy and you are expected to return the phone as new.  

If you were intending to change providers after 30 days, it doesn't make much sense purchasing a Vodafone locked phone with all the Vodafone preinstalled software, you could have purchased direct from Tesco Mobile or purchased an unlocked phone.

I will visit the Folkestone vodafone shop tomorrow with all the codes supplied to me and see if they can do better....I suspect not! 

AnnS

@TinaPearson wrote:

I will visit the Folkestone vodafone shop tomorrow with all the codes supplied to me and see if they can do better....I suspect not! 

I take it you have spoken to customer services and they have given you the Master Code?

Otherwise just how do you expect the store to help? 

@TinaPearson wrote:

Please do visit the Vodafone Highstreet Store and they'll give you official advise @TinaPearson 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Before going to the store it might be worth contacting Vodafone through the customer service channels for official advise and support @TinaPearson , might save you a journey and time and Customer Services should be able to provide the Master Code for the store to help enter with the NUC to get your phone unlocked. 

If you would prefer to speak directly with the Team here on the forum for direct help and support please follow this link:

Contact us for account specific queries

To give the store something to go on, it would  be worth showing the store advisor this thread. Please come back to the forum when you have been to the store @TinaPearson . Would certainly like to know the outcome.