Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG SIM for GPS Tracker

Reverend2008
4: Newbie

I bought a GPS Tracker watch, and have activated and inserted a PAYG SIM into it, but it's not communicating with the network.  I feel as if I've missed something obvious but can't think what that could be.  There aren't any settings in the tracker for doing specific Data settings or anything like that, so presumably that won't be it.

Has anyone else done this, and what issues did you have - and resolve - setting it up?

14 REPLIES 14

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Reverend2008

If you've not already done so, you'll need to activate the SIM.

:Smiling: 

Cheers,

Ben

hi there

Yes I activated the SIM on my phone already, before putting it in the Tracker.

It was the first thing I did.  I got the SIM with the £10 Freedom plan - I don;t know if that makes any difference?

Hi @Reverend2008

Contact our Live help team so they can look into this further.

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi I have the same problem but an appointment at the Vodafone shop failed to resolve the problem; did you get it resolved? David 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disapointed we were unable to get your GPS service working when you were in store @DMurray1969. Have you activated your SIM? If not, you can activate your SIM online.

If you've already done this, do you receive a service when it's inserted into a phone?

Hi yes I did activate it and it works in my iPhone.

I am currently using an o2 PAYG Sim in the watch but would rather use Vodafone as better coverage but now realLynne fed up that no one from Vodafone can resolve this

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DMurray1969 Could you please let us know what device you're using? We'll be able to check if it's compatible with our pay as you go SIMs and rule out any errors regarding this 😊 

Colleen, it's a turn me on children's smart watch.

I really feel let down by Vodafone following many calls and a visit to the shop to no avail.

My 9 year old son was removed from mother by the courts and placed with myself and has just come off the child protection plan and for his safety, he is tracked.

being a long Vodafone customer, I was relying on the product but was let down.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DMurray1969 - I’m sorry to hear this situation you and your son are in.

We’ve done some research and looking at the watch he has, it doesn’t mention it being compatible with us.