Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PUK code needed .

Yambart28
2: Seeker

Hello. I left Vodafone in December last year. My phone is asking for a PUK code when my new provider SIM card is inserted. " SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PIN"

I have spent countless hours on Vodafone online chat and calling them, I have been into two Vodafone shops, they all tell me a different story. No body seems to be able to help. 

7 REPLIES 7

Yambart28

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I followed your link , thanks, and signed up to Twitter. I Tweeted Vodafone and took part in exchanging message the end result was its not them , Vodafone, it's my new provider!!

I asked why my new SIM works in other phones one being an ex Vodafone Samsung S8 but not my own S8......... no response. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Yambart28

That is complete nonsense and I can't believe that came from the social media team. 

This thread will be read by the team, give them time to get to the thread.

@TJ 

Yes it's so disappointing, there's no continuity in the responses I get from them whether it's from the online chat, talking to them on the phone, in the shop or now social media. The only continuity is poor service. 

Just giving an update on the situation.

vodafone have agreed I need a master reset code from the manufacturer but because I have already raised the situation through the customer complaints department, for the second time, they are leaving it to them. Two days worth conversation!! 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Yambart28 - I'm really sorry you've been given conflicting information and I'll make sure that this is fed back. If you've contacted our Customer Relations team, they're our highest point of escalation and will continue with your complaint from there. 

It's a crazy situation, I've been chatting via DM on Twitter with Vodafone over two days relaying the same repetitive information to be told the same thing.

I've had to raise a second complaint because Vodafone failed on the first one. I can't use my phone that I have paid for because Vodafone will not unlock it, how is that fair and to be honest legal !!??

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment @Yambart28. Rest assured, if your complaint is with our customer relations team, they will do their absolute best to get this resolved for you.