Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone network not unlocking after receiving network unlock code

johnlamont1982
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening,i have a Samsung S8 which was on vodafone pay monthly.Contract is now finished and phone is fully paid for.I received a network unlock code which is not unlocking to EE network.Please can you assit me with my problem.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @johnlamont1982, that is fantastic, thanks for letting us know and don't hesitate to get in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Assuming your still in the Uk and the other network sim card your using to complete the process is activated i.e. connects to mobile data then with some Samsung Galaxy phones you also need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you with.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Assuming your still in the Uk and the other network sim card your using to complete the process is activated i.e. connects to mobile data then with some Samsung Galaxy phones you also need a mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you with.

So after wasting a week with 3 different agents one now tells me vodafone cant do this?anyone had any experience with this?

Screenshot_20190727-112552_Email.jpg

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@johnlamont1982 I'm sorry for any confusion or conflicting information you've received along the way, when requesting your master unlock code. So a member of our team can get this looked into right away, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don;t forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Manage to get help from vodafone through facebook.thanks for all your help

Hi @johnlamont1982, that is fantastic, thanks for letting us know and don't hesitate to get in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

The unlocking code resulted in an unsuccessful message, checked and tried again, same message. Spoke to the helpline who supplied a new unlock number, unsuccessfull message again. After 30+ minutes they passed me to Samsung's help line who where very pleasant but didn't get anywhere. 20 minutes later they decided that as we had been unsuccessful more than 3 times the phone was now locked and would have to be taken to a Samsung service dept. to be unlocked. It would be easier to go to the moon than to the Samsung depths they listed. anyone had experience of "pirates" who claim to unlock phones. Having been with Vodafone since 1986 this highlights the need to change. Any suggestions? Buy Apple maybe 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@John133 I'm so sorry that this is taking so long to resolve - I'd like to help with getting your phone unlocked.

As we'll need to access your account to help, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter @VodafoneUK.

Please provide your username along with a link to this thread when getting in touch - this means you won't need to explain the situation again.

I dont use Face book or Twitter, however to get passed the problem I gave in to Vodafone's blackmail and took an other contract with them. The price was marginally more than where I was going to but to save wasting hours of going round the houses its probably worth it. We will be ready when the next company phone come up for renewal.

We have been with Vodafone since 1986/7 but they wont blackmail us again.