Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Prestigio multipad 4 ultra quad 8.0 3G tablet

warpspawn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I Brought myself one of these tablets, when my local Vodafone shop took the Huawei ascend mate off the shelves because of they said "lack of intrest and no handset deliveries".

I called into maplin electronics to check out this device and found out that it was sim free 3G enabled and had a built in phone, the specs seemed unbelievable for the price, but after playing with shop display, I picked up 2, 1 for the wife as well, after all i was'nt spending nearly £300 on a new phone for me lol.

I went to my local Vodaphone store and asked about the payg text and web freebee sim that i had in my Huawei ascend g300 and whether it would work in the prestigio tablet, after looking at the tablet, they said that it should be okay and asked if i would like them to set the sim up for me, of course i let them.

on returning home i downloaded the my Vodaphone app from google play, when i opened it it asked that i turn off the wi-fi which is what i did, thats when the problems started.

The my Vodafone app told me that i had no data connection, so i checked all the settings and retried, nothing.

i then called the Vodafone store and got their answer message that promised to call back asap, nothing no call back that day or the next.

so i called customer support, who told me that the system was down, but the gentleman there said that he had the APN settings written down and checked the settings against what was on my tablet, they did not help still no connection.

he told me to call back the next day, when the system should be back up, i did that the next day after i finished work.

To be told that the system did not recognise the tablet, manufacturer or have anything that would help and suggested, i should maybe contact Prestigio and ask for the APN settings, which i did via email or return the device to where i brought it.

Prestigio's response was that i should check the APN settings with Vodafone.

i did a little digging online for help with APN settings, but could find nothing helpful, i did consider returning the tablet.

but i thought that i would compare the specs of the Huawei mate and the tablet before making a final decision, while i was looking at the specs for the mate i noticed the troubleshooting guide on the page, it had 1 about setting up internet connections, which i started to read.

while i was reading my wife was using her tablet on the wi-fi, and i asked her to compare the APN settings on her tablet with what was on the guide, i did not realise that as i was reading them out, she was changing her's to match.

suddenly she laughed, and then told me that the settings for the mate worked and she had a H+ by the signal bars and had internet conection.

so to conlcude this little story if you own a Prestigio multipad 4 ultra quad 8.0 3G tablet, use the settings for the Huawei mate.

I don't know if this will work on other 3G tablets, but it's worth a try.

hope this helps someone out

I now have a fully functioning payg 8" 3G quad core 4.2 android phablet,with built in gps, hspa+ connection and a  working android 4.2 flash player  :Smiling:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi warpspawn,

This tablet does sound pretty sweet.

I’m glad you managed to get everything sorted and if you do have any questions, just give us a shout.

James

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi warpspawn,

This tablet does sound pretty sweet.

I’m glad you managed to get everything sorted and if you do have any questions, just give us a shout.

James

I, also, have a Prestigio multipad 4 ultra quad 8.0 3G tablet. I have a monthly contract sim and have tried taking it out of my HTC one V to fitting into my Prestigio multipad 4 ultra quad 8.0 3G tablet with, seemingly, all the correct settings. I can use the phone, but cannot get to the internet, please can the tech team help? Also on the Prestigio multipad 4 ultra quad 8.0 3G tablet does anybody know how to text on it. I have bought the tablet to use aboard so I don't need to take a phone and a tablet. Help would be greatly appeciated.

Best regards David

Hi James- you seem to be the legend of the support forums. 

I have a 3G Android tablet that im trying to connect to your 3G network on a PAYG SIM. SIM is active and topped up. It works fine on phone/SMS but not 3G. Ive searched the forums and there seem to be a million APN settings like;

SMART

pp.vodefone.co.uk

PPBUNDLE.INTERNET

pp.internet

etc

Which one should I be using as none seem to work!? Hopefully you can post here as the happy story above wasnt as good as posting the actual Huawei details that I could have tried! ha!! :Winking_smiley:

Thanks in advvance

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You should be able to use the settings as described here:

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

The settings themselves aren't device-specific and it's just a question of filling in the boxes on the "form" when you create a new Access Point on the device.