main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Problem with Unlocking Phone

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My sister has an Iphone 6 locked onto Vodafone which she has passed onto me, before doing so she requested for the NUC code to unlock the phone from the server. This was requested on the 10th of March 2019. Since then, it has been nothing but a complete nightmare trying to recieve an unlocking code. Both my sister and myself have spoken to Vodafone both in store and via the telephone multiple times, who have ensured that they will send the NUC as soon as possible..2 months on and over 10+ phonecalls to Vodafone and I am still awaiting the unlocking code. I have been elsewhere to try and get the phone unlocked and even they are having issues with 'connecting to the server'.  For 2 months I have not been able to contact nor be contacted by family, work and friends due to this issue. I find Vodafone's customer service and lack of urgency and understanding to be disgusting. How, and most importantly when will my phone be unlocked. 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

@georgiahall 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database. 

So no actual Nuc is ever sent by Vodafone UK. 

Have your sister filled out the Nuc Online form.ams does she fulfil all.the criteria ?

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to another 30 days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please Periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

An alternative is for you to pick up a Vodafone Payg sim card and use it in the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and then you use the new Payg details to request its unlock.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

To add as account issues are no longer desktop with via this forum contact would need to be made via Vodafone contact-us or Vodafone Twitter or Vodafone Facebook

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, 
Thanks for responding so quickly. 
My sister filled out the application form for the unlocking code over two months ago, and no email has been recieved since. Each time I have spoken to a team member from Vodafone, they ensure it will be sent out again in 5 working days, yet I am still awaiting the email. I have inserted a new sim under a BT contract into the phone several times, but a message appears saying the 'sim is not supported with the network provider'. Is your suggestion to just insert a vodafone sim, use it for 30 days...and then apply again? What is to suggest the same thing will not happen again?
Thanks
Georgia

View more options

If you've popped a SIM from your new provider in the phone, resynced it with iTunes and it's still advising it's locked to Vodafone @georgiahall, we'll be happy to look into this. As only the original account holder can request the NUC, ask your sister to get in touch with us through one of the links @BandOfBrothers provided and we'll be in touch.

View more options