main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Problem with unlocking my device

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello, my device is iPhone 7.

On 7th of March I contacted customer support then I spoke with an agent who provided me a minutes, texts and data to my number. I used the device for more than 30 days, I have sent a lot of texts, I made more than 10 calls. Unfortunately when I fill the form I am receiving the same message that there is a problem with unlocking my device..... I have contacted customer support by phone and live chat but they are unable to solve the problem.... I sent an email to NUC team but they also does not provide me any help... I don’t know what to do now... I am out of options and a lot of wasted time without solving my problem...

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

I understand you've used the sim card in the iPhone for 30 days but have you made x3 bill payments on time since your upgrade @miglen97 

If not then that maybe hindering you.

Customer support should really have been able to clarify for you.

An alternative solution is to use a Vodafone Payg sim card in the phone making calls etc for 30 days and then request the iPhone unlock using the new Vodafone Payg details. 

Please be aware when Vodafone UK do accept your request then it can take Apple upto a further 20 or so days to unlock it as an iPhone isn't unlocked via a Nuc.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

The SIM card is PayG

View more options

Hi @miglen97 

When you mention the SIM card is PAYG and at the same time you contacted Vodafone and spoke with an agent who provided minutes, texts and data to your number, this makes me think you are not PAYG but have a pay monthly 30 day SIM.

If you were PAYG, you would have needed to have topped up the SIM with credit and unless you added a PAYG Big Value bundle, would most probably have been on the PAYG 1 tariff here: PAYG 1

If you have a pay monthly 30 day SIM and have been trying to unlock the phone as PAYG,. this may be where you are having the problem and would need to unlock the phone as pay monthly.

You don't mention if you opened an online account or downloaded the My Vodafone phone application.  However, if you are PAYG calling 2345 will confirm any active PAYG bundle.

View more options

The sim card is PayG, the agent added a bundle of minutes, data and texts on goodwill for 1 month... The sim is topped up with 5 GBP on 6th of September and I have remaining balance of £2.20...

The sim is normal PayG and I have never had a problems with it.

View more options

So if your meeting all the required criteria set out in the unlocking form page I'd suggest to phone customer services on 191 and advise them and that you've also emailed the Nuc Department and are no further forward @miglen97 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options