Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems unlocking Samsung A5 2017

LeeLBurt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

have tried to unlock my handset with the NUK code supplied by vodafone using the IMEI from the handset.

When putting new sim into handset, I'm asked to put in SIM network unlock pin.  I put in the code supplied and it says Network unlock successful . it then asks for the pin again. which I enter and it says Network unlock unsuccessful.  and i get the message SIM network pin blocked. enter SIM network puk.  No idea what to do then, code i have does not work.

I have tried an ee and sky SIM and get the same issue, but they work fine in other handsets. spoke to ee and sky who said their sims are not locked, this is a handset issue. spoke to samsung, who said they do not lock the handsets and that I must speak to the network. went to vodafone store in Thurrock today, they tried to unlock and got the same issue. they suggested contacting NUC resolutions, who I emailed but i get an automated response and a link to the form, which i have already used to supply the NUK code.

Any help is appreciated

handset is a Samsung galaxy a5 2017.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes unfortunately Samsung wouldn't engage with a person in regards to a network locked handset @LeeLBurt 

Ignore the request for a Puk as this has come up before and is possibly the phone itself getting confused.

What I think you may need is a MCK mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can supply.

In my own personal opinion it's about time all the networks supplied phones unlocked out if the box.

Thankfully Ofcom seem to agree !

ofcom.org.uk/ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank You @BandofBrothers 

hopefully this will resolve