Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Protect found threat on F1.apk - wont delete

chocchipcooki
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

On my HW P1

After running VF protect, I have found a threat.
"/cust/vodafone/es/app/F1.apk
(infected by Android/youmi/A1Gen)"
but Protect cant remove it, and I cant find this directory through my pc file explorer.

what can I do to get rid? (what is it anyway)
thanks

20 REPLIES 20

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I did a Google search for Youmi/A!Gen and eventually got to Youmi.A which is described as adware, which is rather what I suspected.   F1.apk seems to be the installer for the F1 Challenge game.  On balance, I think you've somehow got this (as part of another download/install??) and that it's installed itself as a system file, which is why you can't get rid of it.  I also think that the adserver stuff is built into it (and isn't located elsewhere), which is why Protect is picking it up.  It's not exactly a false positive, but the fact that Avast ignores it suggests that some signature files regard it as a threat and some don't.

On balance, as long as you don't execute the file, I think you're OK.  Do try having another go with the phone connected to a pc, showing system as well as hidden files.  If you find it, see if you can change the attributes (non-hidden, non-system) and if you can then delete it, either with the pc or with ES File Manager.