Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Unlocking Galaxy S6

RogP
4: Newbie

I too am having the same issue with an S6, been through more or less everything others in this forum have done and still not got anywhere, a wasted 10 days really.

Was really impressed when my NUC was sent withing an hour of requesting now stuck at "Sim Network Pin Blocked, enter Network Puk"

With no sim card  do get enter network unlock via #7465625*638*#

Who or where can I contact to move on from this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Interestingly, I think it does work. The problem is, there's another code, that it asks you for first when you put the SIM in. Using the long dial sequence lets you put in the NUC you got from Vodafone, which reckons it;s then unlocked successfully.

The problem is, this doesn't bypass the other unlock code (which is actually the first one it asks you for if you start the phone with the new SIM in.) Its that code that people seem to have so many problems getting hold of.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

RogP
4: Newbie

@RogP

With no sim card  do get enter network unlock via #7465625*638*#

doesn't work either. !

Interestingly, I think it does work. The problem is, there's another code, that it asks you for first when you put the SIM in. Using the long dial sequence lets you put in the NUC you got from Vodafone, which reckons it;s then unlocked successfully.

The problem is, this doesn't bypass the other unlock code (which is actually the first one it asks you for if you start the phone with the new SIM in.) Its that code that people seem to have so many problems getting hold of.

Thank you, I'm sure your correct but then if I use a different sim card, and I have tried 3, it imediately asks for the "Network Unlock Code" which one,I think quite natuarally  assumes is the one given by VF.

Am now sure I must be over the limit of times entering the NUC if indeed there is a limit ?

Like I said, these seem to need two codes. the nUC (and the mothod I used) only unlocks the second code.

Its the first code we don't seem to be able to get past.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you've had problems using your NUC @RogP. For more information on using this see our help video. Our Frequently asked questions also contains alot of useful information.

There is a limit on how many attempts you have to enter your NUC, this can vary depending on the make and model of handset you're trying to unlock.

If you're still strugling to unlock your phone after checking all the information in the above links, don't hesitate to get in touch.

I don't want to sound unappreciative of your help but the past, now 2 weeks, I've been through every help file, FAQs & many YouTube videos - the link you sent by the way doesn't work for me.

Tried three different sims - all working on other phones but I'm stil stuck with a VF sim I don't particularly want to use on this S6.

So you are correct in that I am struggling despite all the above and from all I've read I need also need a master code

Thanks

After almost a month since I received NUC and several posts I still am no nearer to unlocking my S6.

I see from another forum below is what is needed but no clue as to where or who to ask

We request you to follow below unlocking procedure with provided code.

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the Master Code (8-digit numberand press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code (8-digit number) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RogP I appreciate you've tried the above steps in relation to unlocking your phone. We'd like to look into this for you closer. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi,

I am also trying to sort out unlocking my galaxy s6 and this forum came up - can a vodafone admin send a private message to me with the contact details of who to contact regarding getting the PUK or master code that appears to be needed (I already have the NUC by email). Thanks