main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

SIM must be used for 30 days - Day 31

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hey,

So I’m having difficulties in trying to get my network unlock request to go through. Every time I try to fill it out, I’ll get an automated email within 30 mins to say that I still haven’t used my SIM card for 30 days.

I’ve had full confirmation from Customer Service that my SIM card has been in use on my iPhone XS since the 15th January, which is 31 days ago. So I don’t understand why the automated system is still saying that error today.

I’ve tried sending an email to nucresolutions but I got an automated email back saying that I need to fill out the form online in order to get my unlock request. What do I do?

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: Vodafone customer support via live chat made the request on Friday. Got the acknowledgment email from the NUC team on Monday. It is now Tuesday and my iPhone is fully unlocked! Very quick service I must say!

If anyone has any similar issues, get on Live Chat. It's only a quick 10 minute conversation.

Thanks everyone

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
17: Community Champion

Have you made calls , sent texts and used data etc via the Vodafone sim card in the phone which helps to latch the phones imei number to the Vodafone account @Brandinio

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I have. I've been using mobile data every single day

View more options

Then you should fulfil the criteria.

Might be worth asking customer service on 191 or Live Chat to fill out the online form for you.

If you get stuck come back and I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can then take a look.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @Brandinio

You mention you have been using the SIM in the phone for 30 days. Are you trying to unlock as pay monthly or PAYG?  Only at this point it's not entirely clear.

If this is your pay monthly SIM and you have only been placing the SIM in the phone you want unlocked and using the occasional mobile data connection before replacing the SIM in your current phone, this could well be the cause of the problem. You need to use a PAYG SIM and top up with a small amount of credit, make the odd call or send a few texts messages and keep the SIM in the phone for 30 days, this will associate the IMEI with the SIM.

If you have followed the correct procedure, you shouldn't have any issues getting the unlock.  The only phone I can see you could have registered on your account is your old iphone 4, appreciate you have probably upgraded many times since then.

View more options

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Brandinio

You mention you have been using the SIM in the phone for 30 days. Are you trying to unlock as pay monthly or PAYG?  Only are this point it's not entirely clear.

If this is your pay monthly SIM and you have only been placing the SIM in the phone you want unlocked and using the occasional mobile data connection before replacing the SIM in your current phone, this could well be the cause of the problem.  You need to use a PAYG SIM and top up with a small amount of credit, make the odd call or send a few texts messages and keep the SIM in the phone for 30 days, this will associate the IMEI with the SIM.

If you have followed the correct procedure, you shouldn't have any issues getting the unlock.  The only phone I can see you could have registered on your account is your old iphone 4, appreciate you have probably upgraded many times since then.

Hi,

Sorry for not making it any clearer, this is indeed a Pay as you go SIM card that I’ve been using for the past 31 days on this phone. I have used mobile data every single day at least once so I can’t imagine my IMEI being unlatched from PAYG account.

I have since spoken to customer services via live chat who have said that they’ve sent a request to the NUC team on their side since they can see that I have used my phone for more than 30 days and so the NUC request shouldn’t be failing. Fingers crossed something will come out of this.

View more options

Thank you for clarifing that @Brandinio.  Hopefully your unlock request will be processed soon.

View more options

Update: Vodafone customer support via live chat made the request on Friday. Got the acknowledgment email from the NUC team on Monday. It is now Tuesday and my iPhone is fully unlocked! Very quick service I must say!

If anyone has any similar issues, get on Live Chat. It's only a quick 10 minute conversation.

Thanks everyone

View more options

Great to hear that Live Chat resolved this for you.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@Brandinio I'm pleased to hear you've had this experience with our Live Chat team and your phone is fully unlocked 😊 If there's anything else I'm able to help you with, don't hesitate to pop me a message. 

View more options