Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM must be used for 30 days - Day 32

Graham_M
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello - I am stuck in a loop whereby, every time I apply for an unlock code an email is received from Vodafone stating "can’t do this until your SIM has been used in your device for at least 30 days." I have twice phoned Vodafone to get this problem fixed but on both occasions their agent has simply filled in the request form for me and the same email is received. The sequence of events is as follows:

• PayG Sim installed in my iPhone 5 SE on 19th August and topped up with £5.
  • 1st call made on 20th August with several more calls on various dates since. (PayG balance is currently £2).
  • 1st NUC application submitted to Vodafone on 19th September and rejected for the reason stated above. 
  • 2nd and 3rd applications submitted by Vodafone agents on my behalf today (20th September) and both rejected as before.
  • When pressed for an answer to the problem, the last Vodafone agent simply suggested that I wait a few days and try again! 

It is now Day 32 and I have complied with everything required to obtain an NUC under Vodafone's 30 day rule, so the system should be working without problems. I urgently need a solution to this problem - can anyone help me please?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've seen this happen on recent threads @Graham_M 

I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can intercede.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated. I have sent the link to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Twitter and will let you know if there is any result. 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Graham_M 

From what you write you appear to have followed the criteria set out by Vodafone so now it's time for them to fulfil their side of the process.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here are the same on social media so I'm sure they'll endeavor to help you with this situation .

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.