cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM used in phone for more than 30 days, but still unlock request denied with same reason (PAYG)

Fleckle11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been trying to request my phone to be unlocked for weeks at this point. Every time I send a request it is automatically denied with a generic email stating that I must use my sim in the phone for more than 30 days before I can request a NUC. However, I have had my SIM card in the device and making calls/texts for a lot more than 30 days by now.

I have spoken to customer services multiple times. They confirm that I have 30 days of use, but each time they tell me to fill out the form again,  promising this time it will work, it still fails time after time.  It is automatically denied. I tried contacting the NUC resoultion team via e-mail but I only got a automated generic E-Mail telling me to fill out the unlock form again. Where do I go from here?

The customer service doesnt seem to have the authority to resolve my issue. The NUC Department doesnt seem to be  front-facing so I am not able to get a straight answer from them.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If your using a Vodafone Payg sim card then it should be a matter of 30 days in the phone and some usage @Fleckle11 

If it's a pay monthly contract or upgrade  then it's also x3 Bill's paid on time too.

I wouldn't recommend to fill out the unlock form too many times as this can flag as fraudulent activity.

Perhaps try the Vodafone Social Media Teams.  For assistance.

Or the complaints procedure. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.