Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy A3 MCK or Mastercode

Neildm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this please?

I have been trying to unlock my mothers phone for a month now but cant get any help from Vodafone. The NUC supplied did not work and now the phone appears to be locked and requires an MCK or mastercode to free it. 

I have spent hours on the phone to customer care going round in circles but getting nowhere, at first they denied there was a mastercode, then said they would need to contact the manufacturer which would take 7 - 10 days, that was over 3 weeks ago. I contacted Samsung who confirmed this code comes from the network provider not them. Next Vodafone said they would need another 7-10 days to escalate it to another department!! This came from an extremely rude manger who kept telling me he wouldn't help if I interrupted him every time I tried to speak. He wasn't interested in listening to my side of the argument.

The best he could suggest is I get a third party to unlock the phone and they would reimburse me. So far I have tried three times online with so called unlock sites, 2 couldn't help and one wanted to charge me over £70!

I have seen on here that others have had this problem, not that Vodafone will admit that, but does anyone have a reliable unlock service they have used that actually worked. So many of these services appear to be scams when you read the reviews.

Or maybe someone from Vodafone can actually step up and solve this for me, as so far their customer service has been extremely poor.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Neildm 

I can certainly appreciate why you would be unimpressed with this situation.

A MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code is required as well as the Nuc on some Samsung phones.

This can be supplied via the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Twitter Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

However  if the phone is now hardlocked  which is a result of too many incorrect attempts to input the Nuc then a Vodafone Highstreet Store would have to send the phone away to have it's counter reset before any Nuc or Mck Mastercode will work.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi. 

Thanks for the reply. 

I have contacted Vodafone via Twitter now and they said they need 10 days to contact Samsung again despite live chat telling me they were going to do this 3 weeks ago. You can understand my scepticism. 

The phone belongs to my Mum who is 92 and currently shielding due to Covid so this is her only means of contacting friends and family. Very frustrating!!

Hi @bandofbrothers 

I forgot to say I’ve been into the local Vodafone shop and they had no idea what to do. Just referred me back to customer services. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Neildm 

If you tell them you may have hardlocked the phone then they should know that it needs sending away to be reset.

They can't help with Nuc and Mastercodes however.

Show them your thread :Winking_smiley:

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.