main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Samsung Galaxy s7 will not unlock

3: Seeker

Hi,
I've been at a phone shop in Toronto today to try and unlock my Samsung Galaxy s7 from the Vodaphone network.  I used Vodaphone chat to get the NUC code, but when I enter the new SIM and the NUC code it says 'unlock code unsuccessful'. I tried this at least two times, and turned of location and mobile data settings too because aparently that can cause issues. I have emailed nucresolutions but just got a generic reply giving me the procedure for how to get an NUC code. Seems like many others have had this problem. What should I do next?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jonbot3000

Welcome to the Vodafone Community Forum for U.K Customers. 

Some Samsung Phones need a master Code as well as the Nuc Unlocking Code. 

See.....

S8-Unlocking-My-experience and Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I've just been talking to Vodafone through the chat support. They tell me now that I cannot unlock my phone because all phones except apple iPhones need to be unlocked in the UK. Is this true? 

I received my unlock code while I was in the UK and was told to insert a new SIM to complete the process. As I needed to use the phone in Canada I assumed I had to wait to do this until I was in Canada. Now that I'm here and went to a phone shop to buy a SIM, the unlock code doesn't work, Vodafone tell me that the phone can't be unlocked because I'm already abroad! Im away from the UK for 3 months. Can someone confirm if this is true?

I've been told by others that I require a master code. But now I'm worried even that won't work.

View more options
Administrator

@Jonbot3000 We'd be unable to guarantee an unlock being successful when outside of the UK, however we'd still be happy to look into this for you, as we can always try! 🙂

If you'd like to give it a go, please contact our team directly using the link in my private message.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi Alex,

I hope you can help me here. I am in Singapore and have applied for the Unlock code. I have entered the code but the response was unsuccessful. I have attempted 3 times but in vain. I have on a work trip and in difficult situation. I am using Samsung Galaxy S7.  hope you can assist me. Thank you.

View more options
Administrator

@Ming I've replied to the other thread you posted on here. Please be aware that if you're not in the UK, we can't guarantee an unlock to be successful. 

View more options